Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: the 53 million hiest .jailed fighter

Default the 53 million hiest .jailed fighter

please read. no i dont condone what went on in the robery but this artical i have just read is realy bad reporting imo.
    it came from yahoo main news page

Cage fighter jailed over heist plot

A cage fighter who helped plan Britain's largest ever cash robbery has been jailed for 18 years after admitting his role in the plot. Cage fighter jailed over heist plot Paul Allen was the trusted lieutenant of Lee "Lightning" Murray, who masterminded the 53 million robbery at the Securitas depot in Tonbridge, Kent.

Allen, 31, of Chatham, Kent, was sentenced at Woolwich Crown Court on Monday after admitting charges of conspiracy to rob, kidnap and possess firearms.

After the hold-up in February 2006, Allen fled to Morocco with Murray, a fellow cage fighter. The pair began enjoying a cocaine-fuelled party lifestyle in the sun, buying sumptuously-furnished villas and expensive cars.

Thousands of pounds were also spent on breast enhancement operations in England for wives and girlfriends of the men, according to court documents.

They thought they were living out their dreams, but after four months they were seized by Moroccan authorities and locked up in the rat-infested "hell hole" of Rabat prison.

Allen, an aggressive and powerfully-built, steroid-pumping fitness fanatic, spent 20 months in the jail before he was brought back to Britain to face trial.

The father-of-three claimed he knew nothing about the robbery and jurors were unable to reach a verdict after a first trial at the Old Bailey.

Allen pleaded guilty on the basis that he was not one of the robbers who entered the depot, or one of the kidnappers, and that he did not handle any firearms.

Plans are under way to make a Hollywood film about the robbery.

18 years? shiiiiiiiit

But it's alright, one of the Baby Peter killers got 10-12 years.

What a fucking world we live in.
    http://www.kendallgrovemma.com/

"You fucked his wife, fucked his fucking wife, you fucking wife fucker, you fucked his fucking wife you wife-fucking cunt, another mans wife? You stupid? You fucking thick you cunt? Fuck another mans wife? You don't do that!"

- Stephen Dillane

Quote Originally Posted by mele1 View Post
    Thousands of pounds were also spent on breast enhancement operations in England for wives and girlfriends of the men, according to court documents.
    lol! Fair enough!

18year does seem abit fucked up.

Least he has a badass story . Worth it i reckon.
    being empty of yourself you cannot be attacked because you arent filled by you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben_Hutch View Post
    18 years? shiiiiiiiit

But it's alright, one of the Baby Peter killers got 10-12 years.

What a fucking world we live in.
    Gotta agree with you. So mental it's embarrasing. My company have started giving convicts jobs over people that have been doing the job for years because it's ''government funded'' this world is mental for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by James Saville View Post
    18year does seem abit fucked up.

Least he has a badass story . Worth it i reckon.
    lol dunno mate.....best thing about him still is he got Silva to a decision he was cool before this?!

It says everything about the criminal justice system in this country, you get more for a commercial robbery than you would for taking a life.
    That said if it was me sentencing i'd hand out 30 years, the government seems to think that crimes motivated by large amounts of money deserve a longer sentence than where a life is taken. Cannot see the logic in it but you have only got to see how reluctant they have been recently about ronnie BIGGS yet they seem to be considering releasing Harry ROBERTS( shot and killed police officers). IMO he should never see the light of day

If he was jailed in Scotland, he would get a "compassionate release" after getting the sniffles.

Finacialy motivated crimes, the punishment should be more focused on removing the reward & some. If you take a life in cold blood you should not be allowed to live yours in a civilised society, if you take life via manslaughter/accident e,t,c then your time should reflect what you have done. If you touch a kid you should be locked away in place where as other crims should'nt even clap eyes on you. Sometimes we have our jails filled with all the wrong people & @ times no room @ the inn for the ones that deserve to be there. British judicial system is seriouslly out of date with the modern world.

I think 18 years is a fair sentance. Out in 9 with good behaviour.

However I agree in comparison to the sentances for manslaughter, murder etc though it is long but that is becuase the sentances for murder are too short