Page 12 of 96 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask Frakes

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanFrakes View Post
    Robust, ends in T, like it!
    This really made me laugh. Not sure why.

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
    This really made me laugh. Not sure why.
    Because adjectives that end in T are:

Magnificent
    Valiant
    Triumphant
    Puissant
    Potent
    Succinct
    I am number 1, because Picard says so.

Ask Frakes!

Do you know a Fridgeless Fail? Send them HERE!

An analysis of sexuality in Star Trek by Kathleen Moran and Joe Sartelle titled A Kiss is Still a Kiss ... or is it? remarks that

(..) at the level of representation, "The Outcast" is positively reactionary. Theoretically, the J'Naii could have been played by either male or female actors, or both, since they were supposed to be androgynous. In actuality, they were all played by women. The Planet Without Gender turns out, upon visual inspection, to be an offensive stereotype: the Planet of the Lesbian Separatists -- drab, grim, oppressive, unattractive beings who regard attraction to men as an intolerable sickness. When Riker and Soren finally got around to the inevitable Kiss of Forbidden Love, it wasn't controversial in the slightest: we knew that Riker was really kissing a woman, not just an androgynous being who thinks she's a woman. In that sense, "The Outcast" reversed the approach taken by the kiss in "Plato's Stepchildren." Although the context of Kirk and Uhura's kiss was conservative (they didn't want to do it), the visual image of that kiss was not -- it transcended the plot and demanded to be "read" as a controversial, even daring, social and political statement. In "The Outcast," in contrast, the seemingly radical context of Riker and Soren's kiss was overwhelmed by the conservative casting choices. Apparently Jonathan Frakes, who plays Riker, lobbied to have a man cast as Soren -- a decision which would have made all the difference, and turned "The Outcast" into a truly radical and controversial treatment of the complex issue of sexual desire and identity.
    Does your sexuality affect your manlyness?

Quote Originally Posted by davids View Post
    What can I say, my manly ways are sometimes too manly for the Star Trek crowd.

Ask Frakes!

Quote Originally Posted by davids View Post
    Here is the scene as I envisioned it.

Too manly?

Ask Frakes!

frakesy me old mucker, I've got a mate who has got black hair who happens to be a black guy, but when he grows a beard it is a gingery brown kind of monstrosity that kind of looks wank. What advice should i give him or should i just point him in the direction of this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by foxy View Post
    frakesy me old mucker, I've got a mate who has got black hair who happens to be a black guy, but when he grows a beard it is a gingery brown kind of monstrosity that kind of looks wank. What advice should i give him or should i just point him in the direction of this thread?
    He should learn to be proud of his beard as wanky as it may seem. That is the path to being truly manly.

We don't all have such manly beards and valiant stances as Frakes, but that is not to stop us from trying.

He is welcome to come and ask any questions he may have on general manliness.

Ask Frakes!

Mr. Frakes; I have a beard, due to not actually being able to grow a moustache that doesnt look like Caesar Romero's. The problem is; my beard grows multi-coloured.

Around the chin and sideburns, it is ginger as a bastard
    In the dead centre of my chin, it grows in a pure white strip
    Around the cheeks, it turns brown/ black the longer it gets.

As a result, when I grow my beard; people I train with joke that I look like Thomas Denny, as you can imagine; this is both hurtful and embarassing.

I've looked into why my beard grows many colours; the only recurring answer I seem to get is thats it's because I'm "a twat"

Help me, Mr. Frakes.....I dont want to lose my beard, and I can't afford hairdye....what can I do!!?!?!?!

Funny how Stubsy's stopped posting but this other feller has started. Obviously someone has to much time on their hands at work. Wish I had time to doss about!

messy wild beard like grizzly adams or nice and maintained beard?
    ICON Jiu Jitsu

The only bars i go to are Arm Bars, Knee Bars and a Mars Bar