Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: pitbull or american bulldog

Hybrid View

Default pitbull or american bulldog

pitbull

Bulldog

thinking of getting a new pooch for my shop as a security guard at night which one with proper training would you get?
    Last edited by r-v; 08-10-2009 at 11:17 PM.
    ICON Jiu Jitsu

The only bars i go to are Arm Bars, Knee Bars and a Mars Bar

I'd be careful about postiing stuff like that on a forum, you never know some do gooder cud blow you up!

Personally not a fan of American Bulldogs, and I love APBT, as long as you train it proply, and not like sum dickhead then it'll be fine, if you do decide to get one, try to get one from Ireland so that you can have it registered on the Border as a Staff/Boxer Mix, so that the authorities have a fight on their hands if you do get it taken off you!

In all honesty though if I was going for a gurad Dog, i'd go for something with a bit more presence than a Pit, maybe something along the lines of a Presa Canario or a Doberman? Something a bit bigger and a bit more Brash, bare in mind the Idea of a guard dog is to Deter theives, not maul them.

KODE

Quote Originally Posted by KODE View Post
    I'd be careful about postiing stuff like that on a forum, you never know some do gooder cud blow you up!

Personally not a fan of American Bulldogs, and I love APBT, as long as you train it proply, and not like sum dickhead then it'll be fine, if you do decide to get one, try to get one from Ireland so that you can have it registered on the Border as a Staff/Boxer Mix, so that the authorities have a fight on their hands if you do get it taken off you!

In all honesty though if I was going for a gurad Dog, i'd go for something with a bit more presence than a Pit, maybe something along the lines of a Presa Canario or a Doberman? Something a bit bigger and a bit more Brash, bare in mind the Idea of a guard dog is to Deter theives, not maul them.

KODE
    thanks for the info I got a mate who deals breeds etc and trains dogs and i like the image of these dog as they look mean but not ugly dogs like rottys and dobermans and they dont slobber. cos im looking to invest alot of money into the training and i know its like a lottery with dogs when it comes to them picking the stuff they learn up.
    ICON Jiu Jitsu

Pitbull, i love those sort of dogs. neighbours got one and i take it out running most mornings, love him. very strong, great dogs aslong as you treat them right.

Don't know if you'd want one as a secruity dog tho as i imagine when they get going they don't stop, prob best to get a german shepard maybe?

american bulldog
    "My whole life is an epic journey man, I mean who else do you know that listens to Enya whilst taking a dump?"

Quote Originally Posted by Ian23 View Post
    Pitbull, i love those sort of dogs. neighbours got one and i take it out running most mornings, love him. very strong, great dogs aslong as you treat them right.

Don't know if you'd want one as a secruity dog tho as i imagine when they get going they don't stop, prob best to get a german shepard maybe?
    they can be trained to keep a intruder in a corner and waite there till the owner comes.
    ICON Jiu Jitsu

from what i've read, people seem to say pitbulls aren;t good guard dogs, as they're most likely to just lick an intruder
    man, when you're the nail, hang in there....until the day you become the hammer

get a caucasian ovcharka
    man, when you're the nail, hang in there....until the day you become the hammer

get a dogo argentino
    "My whole life is an epic journey man, I mean who else do you know that listens to Enya whilst taking a dump?"

or a dog bordeaux