Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: pitbull or american bulldog

Quote Originally Posted by IceKid View Post
    get a dogo argentino

Love them!

Not taught by Wizards

neither of them are guard dogs mate lol.. they will trash your shop if left alone. they get bored FUCKING QUICK.

just because they are known to be aggressive dogs, dont make them good guard dogs.
    bigleeroy1 - "I only have to look at a bench press to grow a bra size"

Quote Originally Posted by darthcrab View Post
    neither of them are guard dogs mate lol.. they will trash your shop if left alone. they get bored FUCKING QUICK.

just because they are known to be aggressive dogs, dont make them good guard dogs.
    To be fair mate, any Dog would. But i do know where you coming from.

As long as your giving them enough activity before they settle down for the night you should be ok, But as I say, wouldn't necessarily choose one of those as a guard. but hey, your shop, your dog.

KODE

Quote Originally Posted by KODE View Post
    To be fair mate, any Dog would. But i do know where you coming from.

As long as your giving them enough activity before they settle down for the night you should be ok, But as I say, wouldn't necessarily choose one of those as a guard. but hey, your shop, your dog.

KODE
    It would b in the courtyard not in the shop itself but thanks 4 all the imput
    ICON Jiu Jitsu

The only bars i go to are Arm Bars, Knee Bars and a Mars Bar

get a staffie best dogs ever chavvy image but they are loyal and friendly mines is 10 years old now he was a rescue dog
    wax on wax off

There isn't a natural guard dog, there are only breeds which display territorial instincts and a waryness to strangers more so than other breeds. Physical appearance also plays a part in the deterent factor of a would be intruder, i'd fancy my chances against a Hungarian Muli rather then a full size bull breed, rotty or G. Shepard; even tho the Mulis were/are bred for guarding and herding livestock.

Also bear in mind mate that every breeder may put their own mark on the breed; while you can only do so much at a genetic level the rest is social and training, there paticular dog maybe more accepting of strangers etc. You want a young pup that has a strong sense for their terroritory and loyalty to family; in order so that these can be augmented in training and have obidence to their owner(s) instilled in them.

I have two bull breeds, one is soft and very good with strangers, the other is an adult male and would be less then welcoming to any stranger or intruder if left alone with them.
    Last edited by bean; 09-10-2009 at 09:25 AM.

ive got American bulldog x irish staff, bes dog ive ever had
    Its not the size of the boat.....Its the motion of the ocean.

Quote Originally Posted by thixty View Post

get a staffie best dogs ever chavvy image but they are loyal and friendly mines is 10 years old now he was a rescue dog
    I had a golden coated staf but passed away a few years back but was a loverble dog.

We got way too many junkies and alot of houses are being broken into and last month this knob head tried breaking into my shop. Through the courtyard but the alarm went off and got kitched by the police down the road.

So i wana beef up the security with a mean dawg.

I'll jus teach it to bark and show its teeth save the aggro lol
    ICON Jiu Jitsu

The only bars i go to are Arm Bars, Knee Bars and a Mars Bar

My parents have an American Bulldog (named 'Butler'!).

He's an absolute beast. 42Kg of muscle. He's great, although if he decides he wants to sit on the sofa he'll easily shift you and you wont get back on! Definatley something you'd want at your side if you ever got mugged or burgled.
    ''Fren let me tell you, purple must smash people. SMASH THEM...that is hequirement for purple. Purple belt dangerus man, if purple belt cannot smash he not real purple'' - CREONTE
    Follow me on Twitter

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by david5 View Post
    get a caucasian ovcharka
    one of them easily mistaken for a bear