Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: WAKO GB MMA Dept - please read!

This is a joke. All your proposing is adding an unnecessay layer of bureaurcracy and control. It would actually stifle the creativity and freedom within MMA practices because coaches would become more concerned about jumping through hoops to get certificates.
    Last edited by Truthseeker; 22-01-2010 at 03:10 PM.

"and if you took time to research you would see that yes karl cornered her in her mma fights but she dominated most of the fights with stand up that john higo taught her"

Not true. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Truthseeker View Post
    This is a joke. All your proposing is adding an unnecessay layer of bureaurcracy and control. It would actually stifle the creativity and freedom within MMA practices because coaches would become more concerned about jumping through hopes to get certificates.
    I think this is pretty much where I stand on this. I trained under a UFC vet for quite some time, a very crafty ground fighter with over 40 Muay Thai fights. He has only ever attained a purple belt in BJJ but is a world class grappler. And no he does not have a BB in Kung Fu (Like I do) but technically and practically he blows me away. Also his teaching is exceptional and unorthodox. I am guessing he would have to prove himself worthy?

Even if he is an exception because of his UFC Vet status, I have taken instruction from lower belts who demonstrate technique at a far superior level than BB instructors in various Martial Arts. I think this needs a rethink

john higo is a great mma coach, hes been in the fight game for years.

boxingbrit

Do any of these courses teach paragraphs?

Quote Originally Posted by boxingbrit View Post
    Do any of these courses teach paragraphs?
    A....haha...hahahahahahahahahahahaha.

i dont know if we should be giving john so much stick,hes already taken lisa to the top. and rosi game improved after working with john.

Quote Originally Posted by tinman View Post
    i dont know if we should be giving john so much stick,hes already taken lisa to the top. and rosi game improved after working with john.
    No one is giving him stick personally, we just want to know more information on how these people are being qualified to teach MMA and what credentials are required of them.

I still don't understand why someone can't give straight answers to the questions regarding the instructors learning to grapple and then teaching it.
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by tinman View Post
    john higo is a great mma coach, hes been in the fight game for years.

john higo is a great [kickboxing] coach, hes been in the [kickboxing] game for years.[/QUOTE]

big difference

Quote Originally Posted by john joe View Post

john higo is a great [kickboxing] coach, hes been in the [kickboxing] game for years.

big difference[/QUOTE]

Out of intrest, have you trained with John?
    Styles Change - Style Doesn't

Twitter @mwsfc