Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: WAKO GB MMA Dept - please read!

i have trained at john higos gym for a long time....he is a very good MMA coach and his kickboxing background is there for all to see.

John knows his shit, he has great coachs at leeds cage helping him with the running of the gym on a day to day basis.
    Jon and Neil are awsome grapple/sub coachs !!

I for one am glad that there are people out there like John and the lads at leeds cage trying to teach the proper way and also doing it safe.

A

john higo will be good for the circuit,hes got a world champ already. just give the guy time, his coaching is secound to none.

Why do people keep saying how good John Higo is when no-one has questioned him at all?

What grappling experience is necessary for someone to be qualified to teach MMA under WAKO?
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

Default WAKO GB MMA Dept please read

The tragus is a good choice for a peircing but you have to choose yourself. You either wnat it or you dont... I have mine done and it looks cool. If you want it done get it done you wont regret it. As for the tattoo I have no preference x 0_0 x

Quote Originally Posted by Plasticpaddy View Post
    Out of intrest, have you trained with John?
    no; i am based in manchester and there's loads of good kickboxing coaches round here without travelling

Quote Originally Posted by john joe View Post
    no; i am based in manchester and there's loads of good kickboxing coaches round here without travelling
    True enough.The reason I ask is that expereince of training with John would be a good basis for judging his ability to coach. Be it Kickboxing, MMA, whatever. Best of luck with your training.
    Styles Change - Style Doesn't

Twitter @mwsfc

Quote Originally Posted by Rob T View Post
    Why do people keep saying how good John Higo is when no-one has questioned him at all?

What grappling experience is necessary for someone to be qualified to teach MMA under WAKO?
    For that matter, what level of grappling expereince is required for anyone to teach MMA? If WAKO have any level isnt that an improvement? Maybe we should consult the UK MMA governing body......;-)
    Styles Change - Style Doesn't

Twitter @mwsfc

For that matter, what level of grappling expereince is required for anyone to teach MMA?
    I guess it is up to the person looking for coaching to decide, but yes, the same questions can be applied to any MMA coach (or team of coaches).

If WAKO have any level isnt that an improvement?
    I think it's a bit different when they are actually giving people a title/qualification (whatever you want to call it) of "MMA instructor". Surely an organisation would want to have high level instructors only? If they give out the title to anyone with a dan grade in any art, that is a bit dodgy and probably just money making don't you reckon?

It's just a question anyway, should be pretty easy to answer.
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

Rosi Sexton
    Pro Fighter
    Female MMA Mod

John and Lisa are both good friends. As far as I can see, the main idea is to provide a route for kickboxing clubs to get involved in MMA. I don't really see what the big deal is or why people are getting so upset about it. Relax - nobody's trying to take over MMA or tell you what to do! Plenty of room in here for all of us...
    Looking for injury, rehab or nutrition advice? visit combatsportsclinic.com

Fighting out of Next Generation

Quote Originally Posted by Rosi View Post
    John and Lisa are both good friends. As far as I can see, the main idea is to provide a route for kickboxing clubs to get involved in MMA. I don't really see what the big deal is or why people are getting so upset about it. Relax - nobody's trying to take over MMA or tell you what to do! Plenty of room in here for all of us...
    Wise words indeed well said rosi