Penny Thomas in the UK next week
Top competitor and BJJ black belt Penny Thomas is passing through the UK next week and
there is a strong chance she'll be teaching a session on Tuesday 20th in London in the evening. Venue and cost and time tbc.
More info as we hear of it but in between work, training and competing at the Scandi Open, Pippa (Banana) is organising this seminar. Stay posted.
Some info about Penny:
Personal website: http://pennyfighting.com/
- 2009 ADCC silver +60Kg
- 2009 Grapplers Quest Del Mar No-Gi Absolute Champion
- 2009 Grapplers Quest Las Vegas No-Gi Absolute Champion
- 2009 Brazilian Jiu-jitsu World Champion, Brown/Black
- 2008 Grapplers Quest Las Vegas No-Gi Absolute Champion
- 2008 Brazilian Jiu-jitsu Worlds, Brown/Black, 2nd
- 2008 Grapplers Quest New Jersey No-Gi Absolute Champion
- 2008 No-Gi World Championship, Brown/Black, 2nd
- 2007 NAGA Hawaii, Advanced Gi & No-Gi Champion
- 2007 Pan American Champion, Brown/Black
- 2007 ADCC Champion
- 2007 Brazilian Jiu-jitsu World Champion, Brown/Black
- 2007 No-Gi World Champion, Brown/Black
- 2007 Triple Crown, Men’s Brown Belt, 2nd
- 2006 Pan American Champion, Purple Belt
- 2006 Copa de Mundo (BJJ World Cup) Champion
- 2006 Gracie Worlds Champion, Purple/Brown/Black Belt
- 2005 Brazilian Jiu-jitsu World Champion, Purple Belt
- 2005 South African National Grappling Champion
- 2004 Brazilian Jiu-jitsu World Champion, Blue Belt
- 2003 Brazilian Jiu-jitsu Worlds, Blue Belt, 2nd
Last edited by Meerkatsu; 15-10-2009 at 02:00 PM.
Is she the first South African black belt? Has she competed against Kyra Gracie?
Yep, first to get the black belt: just edged out Nic G, IIRC. Interview with her here where she talks about it.
Originally Posted by v1o
Actually not sure if she has fought Kyra, it would be one fo the things I shall ask her when/if I get to interview her.
BTW it looks like next week is too short notice for people, maybe we can persuade her to pop by the UK next year with more notice...would that be of interest to people?
In all honesty, it would only be of interest to me if it was a little more central.
Mill Hill would be a real trek for me. I also have family in Mill Hill whom I loathe so it's an area that I try to avoid if I can.
Cant we get Penny in anyway and have her teach the no-gi class?
im sure Danny wont mind
Latest update - see above