Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Best Muay Thai club in London?

mark is a great teacher, as are both his boys, Michael and Steve 2 of the best this country has produced - need add no more - just go... if you live that close its almost scandalous to have not been if you have an interest in Muay Thai

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    mark is a great teacher, as are both his boys, Michael and Steve 2 of the best this country has produced - need add no more - just go... if you live that close its almost scandalous to have not been if you have an interest in Muay Thai
    thanks for the advice mate, will make a visit soon i guess then!

I would think from an MMA fighters point of view the best place to train Thai would be Keddles because as well as turning out top Thai fighters for Thai rules the trainers there are also training some top MMA fighters, Alan also holds a pro boxing license

If you want to train thai, Keddles is definately the best gym to do this.
    It has one of, if not THE, best reps in the UK. Its full time, has over 10 trainers including thai's, great sparring sessions and turns out plently of well trained fighters at all levels.
    Many pro fighters including two world champions in Rob Storey and Bernise Alldis train here.

Keddles pro MMA fight team includes: Tom Kong Watson, Jude Samuel, James McSweeney, Scott Jansen and Jimi Manuwa

Quote Originally Posted by undercard View Post
    If you want to train thai, Keddles is definately the best gym to do this.
    It has one of, if not THE, best reps in the UK. Its full time, has over 10 trainers including thai's, great sparring sessions and turns out plently of well trained fighters at all levels.
    Many pro fighters including two world champions in Rob Storey and Bernise Alldis train here.

Keddles pro MMA fight team includes: Tom Kong Watson, Jude Samuel, James McSweeney, Scott Jansen and Jimi Manuwa
    I agree with Yak, that you are spoilt for choice.....however looking at reputation The KO Gyms have currently 8 top 10 male fighters in the uk and 7 top 5 female fighters....The main gym in bethnal green has 4 world champions under one roof and a constantly growing amount of B and C class fighters.... Keddle's is also one of the best gyms if your looking at the ukmtf rankings in terms of producing some good talent. Diesel and KO have a well known eastend rivalry, but KO have recently added their 38th world champion to the ever growing list that the head coach Bill Judd has produced over the years.

I don't want to turn this into a 'my gym is better than yours' as there are way too many good ones to mention in one post! My advice is look at the UKMTF rankings to see who has the best fighters....Bad company in Leeds stand out the most i have to say!

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewC View Post
    fair enough; I'm not disputing the points you raised!

Keddles and Scorpions are both very good gyms; who always turn our very well schooled fighters!
    Talking about Scorpions, a couple of friends of mine from KO went there and tried out a class, from what I heard its not all that....Simply for the fact that they said the wakelings don't train there they train somewhere else....Apparently they just leave you to get on with it. My friend from KO said he actually taught the lesson at one point.