Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Iska?

Pro Fighter
    self-appointed boss of the forum

Default Iska?

Just wanted to make some comments about ISKA MMA.

Fight Ikon will be running under their governenance and it is the first show I have really been exposed to under such governance. I have to say, after reviewing their rules and policies... they are MILES ahead of establishing a genuine professional governance of UK MMA than anyone else

They are also running Judges and refrees courses for ISKA MMA, which will help establish some standards in these areas too.

I have heard negative things before, but isn't this the potential path of least resistance for governance and profession credibility?

Not taught by Wizards

sounds promising.

I think there will be allot of people watching the outcome of how the show runs under this..

but that said, Fight Ikon have asked for their show to be governed, and I really dont see any other show doing such.. unless they have too, I think uk will always be crap
    bigleeroy1 - "I only have to look at a bench press to grow a bra size"

Captain America is my Dad mickclark's Avatar

Read a article on this is FIGHTERS magazine, sounds very promising.
    Meh...........

boxingbrit

Looking forward to seeing how it turns out

These people have been around for years. I remember seeing some of their kickboxing shows on TV about 10 years ago and they had been around a long time then. They probably have friends in high places already, so why not let them take the lead?
    Any opinions I express on this forum are entirely personal opinions and it should not be assumed that they reflect the official view of any organisations I am connected with

ISKA appointed Lee Hasdell head of their MMA division a while ago, they are also involved with Strikeforce over the pond

it seems a couple of the kickboxing orgs are getting involved in sanctioning, think i read somewhere that WAKO are doing events too

Pro Fighter
    self-appointed boss of the forum

Yes, Lee Hasdell was one of the ref's last night, as was Mark Woodard.

Default Great show

Hi Guys,

I am only back from the Fight Ikon show, we had Stephen Owens from IFS in Northern Ireland fighting Mark Stockton from Slaford Muay Thai and MMA. Stephen won by rear naked choke but hats off to Mark he is one tough fighter and also a great lad! We look forward to seeing him again in our show this year!

I am also the Promoter of Clan Wars MMA event from Ireland. We held the first Irish ISKA MMA show in August and had the article about it in Fighters magazine in this months edition. Heres the same article only on the ISKA website -

http://www.iska.org.uk/news/article/...ska_mma_event/

We understand that guys may be a bit worried about fighting or getting involved with the ISKA shows and thats cool , as a promoter i wanted to try and get a world recognised body that wanted to promote MMA to the professional level it deserves and by bringing in a governace seemed the logical and best way to do it, Ireland and the UK are miles behind the USA and still get that stereotype from people and media who are uneducated in what really happens in the sport. With proper backing and safety standards in place this can only be a good thing for UK and Irish fighters in my opinion to progress, have new doors open for fighters and yet continue to promote MMA in a quality manor that it deserves.

As for the FIGHT IKON SHOW -

The show was fantastic with alot of hard work put in by Darren Sherlock and the lads from Salford Muay Thai/MMA to bring a more professional light to MMA events. The show was very well run and had some excellent guys helping with it also from Lee Hasdell, Marc Woodard and Sandy Holt to name a few.

Comming from Ireland we did not expect to recieve a warm welcome from the fighters or spectators but to our surprise we were treated very well, the fighters we meet were first class and friendly. The spectators also where respectful also even though we were fighting a local lad.

Hats off to Darren and his team, we througherly enjoyed the event and hope to return in future!

Great Job!

Cheers,

Paul

www.clanwarspromotions.com
    www.ifsni.com
    Last edited by IFS.NI; 15-10-2009 at 05:55 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by IFS.NI View Post
    Hi Guys,

I am only back from the Fight Ikon show, we had Stephen Owens from IFS in Northern Ireland fighting Mark Stockton from Slaford Muay Thai and MMA. Stephen won by rear naked choke but hats off to Mark he is one tough fighter and also a great lad! We look forward to seeing him again in our show this year!

I am also the Promoter of Clan Wars MMA event from Ireland. We held the first Irish ISKA MMA show in August and had the article about it in Fighters magazine in this months edition. Heres the same article only on the ISKA website - http://www.iska.org.uk/news/article/...ska_mma_event/

We understand that guys may be a bit worried about fighting or getting involved with the ISKA shows and thats cool , as a promoter i wanted to try and get a world recognised body that wanted to promote MMA to the professional level it deserves and by bringing in a governance seemed the logical and best way to do it, Ireland and the UK are miles behind the USA and still get that sterotype from people and media who are uneducated in what really happens in the sport. With proper backing and safety standards in place this can only be a good thing for UK and Irish fighters in my opinion to progress, have new doors open for fighters and yet continue to promote MMA in a quality manor that it deserves.

As for the FIGHT IKON SHOW -

The show was fantastic with alot of hard work put in by Darren Sherlock and the lads from Salford Muay Thai/MMA to bring a more professional light to MMA events. The show was very well run and had some excellent guys helping with it also from Lee Hasdell, Marc Woodard and Sandy Holt to name a few.

Comming from Ireland we did not expect to recieve a warm welcome from the fighters or spectators but to our surprise we were treated very well, the fighters we meet were first class and friendly. The spectators also where respectful also even though we were fighting a local lad.

Hats off to Darren and his team, we througherly enjoyed the event and hope to return in future!

Great Job!

Cheers,

Paul

www.clanwarspromotions.com
    www.ifsni.com
    Out of interest are the results of your event databased ?

Quote Originally Posted by kainer2 View Post
    Out of interest are the results of your event databased ?
    Hi Ian,

The first show was an amateur event mate and we have the records of the results although i know there are a guys now in Ireland working on a proper data base for Irish fighters at the minute to bring in a working system for records.