Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 51

Thread: How do I get a job in the CITY?

  1. #21
    The King of Crase DanCrase's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    4,403

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by White Tyson View Post
    I guess this is the wrong place to ask

    thanks for all the unserious replies
    No problem

  2. #22
    Resident Hippy Mod CraigSt.Clair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Sunderland
    Posts
    6,444

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by White Tyson View Post
    I dont think university is for me

    I want to work my way up i nthe city and make lots of money but is this really ideal when I dont have impressive qualifications and little work experience?

    Thanks for any advice, really appreciate it
    So in other words you want to try and leap frog people who have actually worked? Get a grip
    http://www.facebook.com/craig.st.clair666 ME


    "That was how i got my first soapy titwank!
    Listening is cool and shit." BlackdogMMA

  3. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CraigSt.Clair View Post
    So in other words you want to try and leap frog people who have actually worked? Get a grip
    whats wrong with that?

  4. #24
    Senior Member 1inchPonch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    sat at a computer
    Posts
    497

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by White Tyson View Post
    I dont think university is for me

    I want to work my way up i nthe city and make lots of money but is this really ideal when I dont have impressive qualifications and little work experience?

    Thanks for any advice, really appreciate it
    Yes, this would really be ideal for anyone. Unfortunately it is highly unrealistic but good luck.

  5. #25

    Default

    why not go play football plenty of money in that too..

    plus for all the stuff you read in the press there are a lot of people working in the city/docklands who arent paid huge salaries and will never be traders/brokers/hedgies etc

    the fact that you just want 'a quick buck' is fine, dont we all - but with no qualifications, no knowledge of the markets, no contacts etc means your hardly the sort that someone would look at on a CV or a meeting and want to employ?

  6. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    the fact that you just want 'a quick buck' is fine, dont we all - but with no qualifications, no knowledge of the markets, no contacts etc means your hardly the sort that someone would look at on a CV or a meeting and want to employ?
    what should i do then?

    any advice?

  7. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by White Tyson View Post
    what should i do then?

    any advice?
    go to uni! if you really wanted it you would go, sounds like you just want to do it for the lifestyle/money without putting in any hard work.

  8. #28

    Default

    Get a job in the mailroom then one day the CEO of the company will pop down for some reason and become enamoured with you beautiful wit and make you his right hand man.

  9. #29

    Default

    my reply was serious too.

  10. #30

    Default

    how about a dildo tester?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This website uses cookies to enhance user experience. They can be disabled at any time. Please see our FAQ's for details.