Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MMA Handshake ?

Default MMA Handshake ?

I attended the UFC weigh-ins and event this weekend and something occured to me :-

In my business I meet numerous Clients and Suppliers every single day and when I meet them I offer them a firm hand-shake as a greeting.

On Friday (more-so than Saturday as I met up with more people on the Friday) I realised that when meeting up with Fighters, Managers, Trainers, members from the forum and proffesionals from the MMA media etc (all will remain nameless) I done one of those funny hand-shakes where you shake hands in the normal fashion and then pivot on your thumbs to grip the top of each others hands (does this make sense, I've had a look for a pic on the net to no avail)

Why is that ? I think I've been doing it for years but only with MMA related people.

Gary.

Doesn't have a signature anymore

Dinky Ninja
    Paul McVeigh
    Pro Fighter

ive started doing it cause my 5th meta tarsal always hurts from shaking peoples hands, the mma way eases the pain.
    MMA Strength, Conditioning and Awesomeness Blog- UPDATED 8/2/11 Random Musings prior to actual content http://maccavelli.wordpress.com/

thank god, it's not just me

why "doorlad handshake" though ?
    Gary.

No - only massive bummers do it that way!

it says - I bowl from the pavillion end!!

or

I drop my Anchor in Poo Bay!!

or

Im a Sausage Jockey - care for a ride?

Shit, I must be gay, I better tell the wife
    Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by TheUnfitOne View Post
    Shit, I must be gay, I better tell the wife
    You dont have to - many men from the other side keep it hidden from the ladies!!!

I saw it on this really cheap video about bouncers once - the best way to do it is to follow the handshake up with a manly slap on the back - "not a hug"

Career highlight video
    Team Fulinkazan "The will to win compares little with the will to prepare to win"

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hirst View Post
    I saw it on this really cheap video about bouncers once - the best way to do it is to follow the handshake up with a manly slap on the back - "not a hug"
    omg sometimes I do that too,

So it's a doorman thing not an MMA thing
    Gary.

Cos its street, homeboy, ya get me!