Thread: What kind of bag should i get and where?

Default What kind of bag should i get and where?

Well im getting into MMA, this obviously means i will be striking in all parts of the body which means the boxing ones from argos are no good. Im looking for the ones in the shape of a person, but a full one (With legs etc) and hoping it wont fall over from strikes, any advice on where to purchase?

The ones in the shape of a person tend to be grappling dummies that don't really stand up.

You can get 4ft hanging bags from Argos that should do the trick.

I've got two 4 foot ones and a maize bag and they are fine for training. You can also use one for training ground and pound and takedowns, however for subs you probably need a dummy.

There are a couple of good retailers that post on here like Fightshop so they should be able to advise on their ranges.

I don't think such a thing exists. There are dummies that you can smash in but I've never seen a hanging one, so that's only really useful for clinch striking against a hard-standing. There's body bags, but they're not full length. And there's long thai bags.

That's why gyms have so many different bags, because if what you're talking about was practical, they'd all just have them. I'd say go with a full length fairtex bag. You can work all your striking on them and they're pretty available/cheap.

Just get a normal bag but look for a 5' or 6' one (depending on what you have room to hang). Weight depends on how big you are, about 40-50kg is probably decent enough.

I have no idea where to get them, just search online. I bought mine from Protec but have seen many other people talk about terrible service they got from them so don't really recommend them.
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

6ft thai bag ftw.
    No longer playing World of Warcraft. Goodbye fond memories
    FUCK THE ALLIANCE

i have never seen a full person one with legs etc however a no u can get the person luk like ones from argos for bout 200 where u fill bottom with sand and can take a good hiding and still dont fall over they even av a 1 for lil bit more money where it lights up up in random order and u av to strike where it lights which would be good for building up speed and accuracy sure it also rates ur accuracy and just use a normal punch bag lay on floor and move about on it laying strikes

MMA gyms don't have lots of bags hanging from the ceiling in the shape of people - you're more likely to get a boxing syle bag than a 'Bob'. Get yourself a decent bag from somewhere like fightshop - a Thai one if you want to practice low kicks.

dont buy a bum bag
    "CAGED STEEL WE SALUTE YOU"

Something like this one http://www.fightshop.com/SANDEE-12-L...duct-2108.html

Bargain at 163 too