Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jason young boxing tonight..

Angry Jason young boxing tonight..

He did a 3x2 min fight tonight and won on points.

Firstly boxing is the most currupt sport ever, and tonight proved it.

He was led to believe, that he would be the 5th fight, and that his opponent was a guy with very little experiance, same weight(ish) and would be a fair match up, considering Jason has never had a boxing bout before.

well, as the night went on, the fight kept getting pushed up the card, and Jason was warming up, then having to sit down, then start warming up again, to be told it's changed again and so on... until it worked out they wanted him as the main event.. anoying as they could have just said this, not made out there were changes that happend, infact, at 1 point, a guy came in a said, your next, give me a sec and i'll call you in, we waited....... waited....... waited..... and see other fighters going to the ring lol.

so fight time comes, and we go in, and they was using Jasons "sky sports fame" for the main event (lots of people came up to him and asked if he was the guy on tv on wednesday)
    his opponent walks out, african dude, looked alot younger than they told us, and about 6-7 kg bigger and heavier.
    then the fight begins, and we see the guy is a southpaw, something the promoter didnt tell us when asked. and Jason knew straight away, that this guy was no lump of shit, he was actually a pretty good boxer, they stitched us right up.
    so the fight is going, and Jay is fighting angry, not like a pro, and makes a point that this guy wasnt hurting him, by letting the guy hit him in the head about 5-6 times while smiling at him, and the ref jumps in and stops it. So we are going crazy at the ref, and jason said he wasnt hurting me, I am making a point of it.. and alot of shouting and bullshit is going on, and the promoter who is in the ring, says, ok, carry on lol... didnt expect that.
    so they do, Jay drops the guy with a left hook, and then spends the rest of the fight, fighting like a loon, trying to knock this guy out and getting hit a few times.
    end of fight, we are complaining with the promoter how we got stitched up, and it was a joke.. regardless Jason got the win (only coz of the knockdown though I think)
    His opponent was a very good boxer, much bigger, stronger, and heavier and much much more experiance then they told us.
    They wanted jason to get smashed by this guy, and ended up fucking themselves but it could have been so different.

I am happy with the state of UKMMA after tonight, say what you want, but man, at least at amatuer mma shows, they weigh you in and do a medical check, match you fairly. this was a joke, decent money for what it was, but it aint happening again... well, not with this promotion... totaly tried to stich Jay up, and nearly did.. wrong fucking wrong... oh, and boxing fans are worse than mma fans.. much much worse
    I'm a doctor in exercise the same way Dr Dre is in hip hop!

damn! sorry to hear that. Happy he won tho
    Pete Mercer
    www.petemercer.com

DYNAMITE FIGHT SERIES

Sounds fucked up.

At least he got the win though. Advice for the future would be to do some more research on the bloke hes fighting. Some promoters are snakey fucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyoto The Cheater Machida View Post
    Sounds fucked up.

At least he got the win though. Advice for the future would be to do some more research on the bloke hes fighting. Some promoters are snakey fucks.
    he took it on a weeks notice realy, he wanted to see how he was after abdul fight before he agreed anything, but he was assured it would be a fair matchup and same weight and experiance lol... never again for that guy.

he kept saying, yeah, but they are both pro fighters, and we was arguing with this promoter, Jason is a mma fighter, not pro boxer, this is his first ever fight.. and it was very obvious when jason was thai clinching the guy and squeezing his neck lol, man, I was just waiting for one of his knees, then he would have seen what Jasons a pro in...
    its a shame when you come away from a fight you won, and feel like shit and shafted

He did well for his first boxing match considering he's not actually a boxer.

Why did he take the fight, just for the payday? Or is he considering a future as a pro boxer?

Quote Originally Posted by Malcontent View Post
    He did well for his first boxing match considering he's not actually a boxer.

Why did he take the fight, just for the payday? Or is he considering a future as a pro boxer?
    nothing more than a pay day, he thought it would be a easy 6 mins, against a guy who was also a novice, and be nothing more than a heavy sparing session, he was fed to a dog, and was nearly shafted.

lesson learned, if it happeneds again, it will be with a good promoter like Alan Mortlock (CFC owner) on one of his shows

Ahwell, look on the bright side... he actually wasn't outmatched (skillwise), and if he fought the novice... then maybe that's where the outmatch(skillwise) would of been?

So it actually turnt out okay

But of course the promoter wasn't to know this, so no thanks to him.

jason young is going places im a fan.............. his style is great hes a classy fighter but whats he doin boxing after he went 3 hard rounds only a couple of weeks ago.......dont burn the kid out

Just want to also add, My new WW fighter, Wendle Lewis. took a fight at the same show, in the car on the way there to corner Jason, they asked if he would and he stepped up.
    He got beat on points, and regardless looked very good, he gassed which is the reason he lost, he couldnt capatilize on some big punches he rocked the guy with, but he had people come up to him after the fight and mention how good he looked.

so props to Wendle. WW looking for debut pro fight in 5-6 weeks, if anyone is looking.

Jason wont burn out, I will be sure of that, trust me, this week has been full of kfc, mcdonalds and shit food, no gym or nothing. infact, when I met with him yesterday, he was eating his pre fight food, sausage and chips, then we went for a mctasty or something..

he is going to take a good time out now, and we are looking at USA again to finish the year.

Similar thing happened to Jon Tomkinson in Blackpool a few months ago, he ended up having to fight a pro with an area title or something!! beat the guy on points though