Thread: Cheap flights to Europe (Germany/Prague)... advcie please

Captain America is my Dad mickclark's Avatar

Default Cheap flights to Europe (Germany/Prague)... advcie please

As the title thread says really, its my missus birthday and she wants to go over to Germany or Prague for the xmas markets. Looking online all I can see in 2/3 night breaks costing considerably more than I can afford at present.

I am now thinking of flying early on a Saturday morning and coming back late on a Saturday night but dont know the best place to look. I have seen a couple of flights from Stanstead to Munich returning on the same day for 180-200 which is very top end of budget.

Ideally I would want to fly from Luton (as I live there) or alternatively Gatwick (as there is a direct train service from Luton) and would also like to find some flights cheaper than 200.

Anyone on here know of the best place to find cheap flights??

Mucho thanks.......
    Meh...........

try www.lastminute.com I've never booked flights from there but I've booked loads of hotels from there for well cheap.
    My website now has a new domain, check it out - www.modernviolentgentlemen.com

Captain America is my Dad mickclark's Avatar

I'll have a look cheers mate
    Meh...........

I'm from the UK but currently living/working/training in Germany so have been flying back and fourth all year.

As far as I am aware, most flights are usually quire a bit cheaper if you stay over a Saturday night. Maybe enough to warrant a hotel room.

The best site I use for flights is: www.kayak.com

Also, Lufthansa are doing some good deals from either Birmingham and Heathrow. (I just booked from Frankfurt to Birmingham for 85 for a sat-sun return in Dec.)

Ryanair fly from Stanstead to Frankfurt Hahn for about 60 if you only want to take hand luggage. Hahn is about 1:30hr away from the city centre of Frankfurt but there is a coach which is pretty regular and about €20pp return.

If you end up anywhere near Frankfurt let me know and I can suggest some places to see as well as the Christmas market (which starts in the last weekend of Nov).

tell the authorities your an ex nazi veteran and they will ship you off for free!
    wax on wax off