Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is Freeman Too Old?

Its not his cup you can feel.... Mike Bishop's Avatar

i don't think 43 is nearly 50 but it's still old for someone to be fighting competively especially considering the injuries and illness he has suffered. IMO a legend with nothing to prove

Oh I thought he was on the bad side of 40

43...yeah go for it

As a friend I do not want to see Ian back. He went out on a high with a belt around his waist. His achievments and fights throughout the World are his memories forever along with his pioneering times, UFC achievements and his famous career high win over Mir.

The reason I do not want him back is not because I think that he would not be competative, its if he did loose he may chase it again and then the high that he went out on would be forgotten. He has nothing to prove.
    if you think its easy stop now

no one achieved anything by doing nothing

never argue with a fool

if fighting is a pursuit rooted in pain, you will find the best teachers have often absorbed the most punishment themselves......and remained standing

http://www.twitter.com/marcgoddard_uk

I have full respect for Ian and thank him for all he did in helping UK MMA on the oath to where it is today; but he's not gonna be a top fighter in the UFC. Back in his heyday; he was never gonna be.

Sure, he beat Mir when Mir looked untouchable; that was a legitimate win, Ian worked hard to train for that fight and did everything right.

But Ian would never be one of the top dogs in the UFC, and he won't be now. Sure, he'll be a game and tough opponent for anyone; but I don't wanna see him fight again; he's done his part.

Quote Originally Posted by DanCrase View Post
    I have full respect for Ian and thank him for all he did in helping UK MMA on the oath to where it is today; but he's not gonna be a top fighter in the UFC. Back in his heyday; he was never gonna be.

Sure, he beat Mir when Mir looked untouchable; that was a legitimate win, Ian worked hard to train for that fight and did everything right.

But Ian would never be one of the top dogs in the UFC, and he won't be now. Sure, he'll be a game and tough opponent for anyone; but I don't wanna see him fight again; he's done his part.
    You love semi-colons!

How can you use semi colons?

They are the anti christ of punctuation.

The bottom line is he IS too old to come back. He left a legend, leave it at that, there is nothing that makes me cringe as much as "comebacks".
    I want to remember him as a legend, not for him to do a coleman and come back and be mediocre.

The semicolon is a good bit of punctuation, I'm a fan! Often misunderstood, however. (Not by Dancrase, he just uses it a lot.)

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    You love semi-colons!
    I fucking LOVE semi colons, bro.

Infact, I pretty much get punctuation wood off ANY punctuation marks...I just have a habit of using them a lot.

when are you supposed to use semi colons?