Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is Freeman Too Old?

Tell you what..... if Ian could cut down to lightweight, I think he could dominate.
    ACAFFACA

Quote Originally Posted by Lyoto The Cheater Machida View Post
    when are you supposed to use semi colons?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semicolon

the simplest answer, is he fuck to old i would like to see most ppl get to were he is now

im qite excited about the chance of him coming back!

id love to see it!

hes not too old!
    being empty of yourself you cannot be attacked because you arent filled by you.

No way he's too old. He has nothing to prove just exercising his right to fight.
    Good luck to him! Hes putting the life in his years.

mma is just a game based on a duel where we play with our arguments of physical expressions to the point where we stop when its time to..... We dont play for keeps. The moutain of a mole of it is purely for marketing purposes,lol

www.samiberik.com

Hey I still think he looks hot. He's certainly capable round cagewars and such, I was thinking of UFC type aspirations.

He has some mad injuries too I imagine... If I recall properly he had 2 dislocated cauliflower ears from wrestling.
    ACAFFACA

Its easy for guys in there 20's or those who have never fought to comment on when fighters should retire.

Ian still feels he is improving his game and still has a desire to compete, whilst he may not make a run in the UFC (although theres plenty of guys there he could beat) id love to see him in Strikeforce or similar.

I have always belived its not the age its the miles on the clock, the whole situation reminds me of my favorite quote

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again,... because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.

T Roosevelt

Its easy to criticise from a armchair.

Good luck Ian!!!

He would obviously be able to come back and batter a few cans but in all honesty he was only "a legend" by british standards. He won a few tough matches but if he was really the success people make out he was then he'd be rolling in the money he aquried from fighting now.

His last fight was great and he went out on a high, but it's time he hung his gloves up now.

Maybe there wasnt as much money in MMA when Ian was in the UFC like there is now.

Or maybe he wasn't THAT big?

He's a good fighter and one of the true warrior types, not content to win on points or fight cans like Bisping. But he was never in the same league as couture, liddel, fedor, nog etc etc. I'm also not much for his thug, violent personality. I saw him on a documentary type thing about being hard and he just came accross unproffessional with all this talk of beating people up n stuff.