Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Amateur MMA Fighters wanted 27th February, Sheffield.

Default Amateur MMA Fighters wanted 27th February, Sheffield.

Hi everyone.
    AFK promotions have forged a reputation as being mainly a kickboxing /K-1 orientated series of shows.
    For the very first time we have made a venture into MMA and it went down a dream with both competitors and spectators alike.

On this occasion we will once again have a fight card of Kickboxing (K-1 style as well as american rules) and MMA at the grassroots level.

The MMA for absolute novices on my last card were over 3x3 mins.
    People would argue that 3x3 min is "not a real fighting duration" but it is to bear in mind that the matches are mainly for raw novices or people with less than say 3 fights. We all have to start somewhere.

If anyone would like to get involved then please get in touch on :

07775 914155

OR

info_sheffieldkickboxing@yahoo.co.uk

Everyone is assured of a warm welcome.

Regards
    Farhad Ali
    Looking for K-1 Kickboxers ALL Levels 26th Feb

which amt rules will you be using?

Quote Originally Posted by coleman.sensei View Post
    which amt rules will you be using?
    ISKA amateur MMA rules.
    The show is sanctioned by the ISKA

What weights you after?

Quote Originally Posted by GainsDan View Post
    What weights you after?
    Hi Dan
    Nice to hear from you again. Fire your weights at me and ill see which i can match.

Was on the last show, fighting amateur.. well organised and well matched.. good show to be on for MMA or K1.. hopefully be on the next one!!
    LEICESTER SHOOT SOLDIER!!

Quote Originally Posted by kickboxingidiot1 View Post
    Hi Dan
    Nice to hear from you again. Fire your weights at me and ill see which i can match.
    This keeps happening! I'm not Dan who runs the Gainsborough gym, just Dan that trains there, i'm going to get myself a new profile set up i think to avoid further confusion.

In regards to your comment, i will be telling Dan about the show tonight so that he can get in touch with you!

Cheers

i went on iska web site and couldn't find any mma rules mate.

Quote Originally Posted by GainsDan View Post
    This keeps happening! I'm not Dan who runs the Gainsborough gym, just Dan that trains there, i'm going to get myself a new profile set up i think to avoid further confusion.

In regards to your comment, i will be telling Dan about the show tonight so that he can get in touch with you!

Cheers
    Thats ok Dan, hope to see you at the next show.

Can we match ourselves up?
    there's a guy at my club who's about the same weight as me and we're both looking to get into fighting mma. you said you cater for first time novices and it just seems like a good idea. it saves you the hassle of matching up fighters and it gives us an easy way of getting started. We'd give you a fantastic fight as neither of us could stand the stick we'd get at our club if we lose and it would be an easy way for you to add fighters to your card.