Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Mr Dan Hardy

Default Mr Dan Hardy

Hey Dan,

I'm a fan of yours, but at the same time I am really taking issue with the UFC giving you a title shot solely because they wish to expand into the European market even more. You haven't fought or beat anyone yet that would merit a title shot in my honest opinion. You beat a Mike Swick who looked like big nog when he fought Mir and then beat an over rated Marcus Davis who was exposed for what he really is last night by Saunders.

Josh Koshcheck is more deserving of the title shot or at least a number 1 contenders match with you. I think it's way too early in your career for you to be fighting a fighter the caliber of Georges St. Pierre and you should take better control of your career, get the experience, fight some more top guys, and then go for the title. Josh Koscheck just out struck an elite level striker in Anthony Johnson and also put on a wrestling clinic. When have you shown you can stop the takedowns of a high level wrestler? GSP or Koscheck would leave you on your back regardless of what you do. You may stuff a few takedowns, but eventually, you'll be on your back having to try and defend yourself against an animal like Josh Koscheck.

In closing, I'd like to hear your thoughts on the points I made above so that I may understand your thought process in regards to all of this.

Thanks Dan,

Ryan
    Last edited by RyanMCGTX24; 24-11-2009 at 02:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanMCGTX24 View Post
    Hey Dan,

I'm a fan of yours, but at the same time I am really taking issue with the UFC giving you a title shot solely because they wish to expand into the European market even more. You haven't fought or beat anyone yet that would merit a title shit in my honest opinion. You beat a Mike Swick who looked like big nog when he fought Mir and then beat an over rated Marcus Davis who was exposed for what he really is last night by Saunders.

Josh Koshcheck is more deserving of the title shot or at least a number 1 contenders match with you. I think it's way too early in your career for you to be fighting a fighter the caliber of Georges St. Pierre and you should take better control of your career, get the experience, fight some more top guys, and then go for the title. Josh Koscheck just out struck an elite level striker in Anthony Johnson and also put on a wrestling clinic. When have you shown you can stop the takedowns of a high level wrestler? GSP or Koscheck would leave you on your back regardless of what you do. You may stuff a few takedowns, but eventually, you'll be on your back having to try and defend yourself against an animal like Josh Koscheck.

In closing, I'd like to hear your thoughts on the points I made above so that I may understand your thought process in regards to all of this.

Thanks Dan,

Ryan
    TS eats canned tuna and sweats when he laughs. I have seen pictures.

Hey Dan,

I'm a fan of yours, but at the same time I am really taking issue with the UFC giving you a title shot solely because they wish to expand into the European market even more. You haven't fought or beat anyone yet that would merit a title shit in my honest opinion. You beat a Mike Swick who looked like big nog when he fought Mir and then beat an over rated Marcus Davis who was exposed for what he really is last night by Saunders.

Thanks Dan,

Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by solidasfok View Post
    TS eats canned tuna and sweats when he laughs. I have seen pictures.
    Please ban this idiot for trolling in this thread.

Please ban this idiot for trolling in this thread.
    Sorry, bud. I just thought you were trolling Dan Hardy is all. I didn't mean anything by it, just posting for lulz if you follow. you're cool. i like you, just pwns is all bud. lulz.

Hey, who else is ready for a shot? the division is cleared out and Hardy looks like the best candidate after knocking off swick and paddy. hardy and kos can fight after the title match, no matter the outcome.

don't be a hater.

Its not his cup you can feel.... Mike Bishop's Avatar

He's lost to Thiago and Alves in has last four outings. Not contender form imo despite his impressive win yesterday

When are you ready to face a fighter like George St. Pierre? The guy is a greasy animal and I think Dan has as good a chance as anyone in the division right now, he keeps proving people wrong and who is to say he won't go in there and catch Georges coming in and knock him out cold?

Hey Dan,

Thanks Dan,

Ryan

Josh Koscheck as already fought and lost to GSP as well as losing to the then number 1 contender alves

and if the only reason he got a TS was becasue they wish to expand into the European market even more then surly bisping would have been pushed before dan

victor belfort is getting a TS as did dan handerson (twice) and brock lesnor the only thing is dan as had a easyer route than others in the ww divsion have

Jaded Insider

I interviewed Dan after the gono fight and he said then that his goal was to work his way into the top ten by mid to end of 2010.

The UFC brass offered the title shot, Nobody demanded it, Dan just did his job and fought, those that get on in life embrace opportunity with both hands

Don't be hatin'