Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I miss Cage Rage

Default I miss Cage Rage

Never thought I'd say that. The overall production was poor in my opinion and as a lot of people used to say, the wank, mockney gangster image was embarrassing, but I think they were so close to being good. The UFC are just getting bigger and better all the time and it's exciting to see so many British guys fighting in the World's premier organisation, but isn't British MMA strong enough now to warrant it's own big show? There are plenty of shows running around the Country that do a great job (you only have to read this forum to see how they are thriving) but they are probably not going to put on shows like Evangelista Santos v Melvin Manhoef, or sign up fighters like Anderson Silva, Renato Sobral, Vitor Belfort and Matt Lindland. Or Shaolin Ribiero.

If Japanese MMA cannot compete with the UFC then British/European MMA is probably a long, long way away, but if the UFC is the Premier League of MMA then can't we at least have the SPL or something?

WAR CAGE RAGE.

*Awaits a bunch of trolls to slag you and your post off*

I also miss cage rage. It was class.

Not only the fights and the show but the whole weekend experience. From meeting your mates at the weigh ins to winning money off the Tom Watson crew at poker in the bar on a Friday night.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmchairWarrior View Post
    Never thought I'd say that. The overall production was poor in my opinion and as a lot of people used to say, the wank, mockney gangster image was embarrassing, but I think they were so close to being good. The UFC are just getting bigger and better all the time and it's exciting to see so many British guys fighting in the World's premier organisation, but isn't British MMA strong enough now to warrant it's own big show? There are plenty of shows running around the Country that do a great job (you only have to read this forum to see how they are thriving) but they are probably not going to put on shows like Evangelista Santos v Melvin Manhoef, or sign up fighters like Anderson Silva, Renato Sobral, Vitor Belfort and Matt Lindland. Or Shaolin Ribiero.

If Japanese MMA cannot compete with the UFC then British/European MMA is probably a long, long way away, but if the UFC is the Premier League of MMA then can't we at least have the SPL or something?

WAR CAGE RAGE.

I think the only way a big change is going to happen in MMA in this Country quickly is when some rich dude pumps a shit load of cash into a MMA event who can afford to and be prepared to lose money in the first few years while the sport grows in popularity... I think on the most Cage rage just about covered their costs and Dave O'Donnell and Andy Geer should be applauded because they very nearly pulled it off and if they had of continued they could have made some serious money.

Now I think because the sport isnt cash rich everyone needs to cover their costs and wages need paying. If we get someone with a bit of cash and vision then who knows what might happen.
    1st Dan Judo Black belt, BJJ practitioner, Welterweight Mixed Martial Artist available for ring and cage work.

vs-Gunnar Nelson aired on Bravo 21/02
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8evj...eature=related

Fight on Kayo MMA 22/11/09:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lS1qgUYXr0

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Resident Hippy Mod CraigSt.Clair's Avatar

I miss Cage Rage and Pride however the mockney thign still does my tits in lol
    http://www.facebook.com/craig.st.clair666 ME

"That was how i got my first soapy titwank!
    Listening is cool and shit." BlackdogMMA

I miss Cage Rage from it's heyday (Anderson Silva, Matt Lindland etc...) not the version which existed when it came to an end.
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

Yeah, I can live without watching Ken Shamrock, Tank Abbott and Phil Baroni five years after they should have retired, but Shaolin, Imanari, are educational to watch.

What is Dragao up to these days? He was an animal.

I hated a lot of the production around CR and all the D.O.D. "Nockaaaaaaaaaats and Grand and Paaaaaaaaaaaand" screaming! It was all seedy and gangster! But I always loved the fights and I can definitely say I miss CR . When EliteXC bought them out it could've been so different if Kimbo had've won that fight!!!
    "Just Scrap!"

Twitter '@DWedz'

I just dont understand this Gangster crap, telling me the cagerages at the wembley venues were gangster? Why because two blokes with a cockney accent presented it?

If you talk about Ceasers back in the day with people like Dave Courtney and Roy Shaw walking around then I understand but imo Wembley was a class show.

The most hated Gaijin of all

I really don't.

The only thing I agree with is that instead of having loads of small shows there should be a big show over here, maybe a feeder organization for the UFC run by the UFC? It would give a stage for fighters to step up to the big time. It will probably never happen but it would be awesome.