Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Favourite UFC 1-10 fighter?

Default Favourite UFC 1-10 fighter?

I am relatively new to MMA and the UFC. I recently watched UFC's 1-10 though.

If you could nominate a favourite UFC fighter from this era whom would it be?
    The criteria for selection are not ability alone it is also considering their character and how/if they evolved. The whole package! Maybe even just because they were funny i.e. Art "one glove" Jimmerson. He tried a bit of grappling in training but decided just to stick to boxing and consequently faced Royce Gracie!

I am going to nominate Pat Smith. He came in as a kickboxer and got subbed in UFC 1 via Shamrock heelhook. In UFC 2 he came back with a new found respect for the ground game he subbed 2 of his 3 opponents and knocked out Scott Morris in under a minute before finally losing to Gracie in the final. UFC 6 Smith returned where he won Moncayo by rear naked choke-submission at 1:08. Due to an injury sustained during the fight, Smith had to withdraw from the tournament due to stomach cramps.

Don Frye (and Tank for entertainment value).

yeh pat smith was cool, or that little crazy black guy that was smashing people, then got brutally KOd by multiple elbows.
    "My whole life is an epic journey man, I mean who else do you know that listens to Enya whilst taking a dump?"

One thing that will always stick in my mind about Pat Smith is how he dominated in UFC 2 and then got battered by Royce in the final (who must've weight 40 pounds less).

Don Frye without a doubt, the guy was a monster.

Keep it going guys once a fighter has been selected you have to pick someone else lol

How about Dan "Magnum" Severn? He was fucking good but also looked kinda funny in a Magnum/Johnny Bravo type way.

Kimo entering the ring with a cross attached to his back.....what happened to him? He was pretty good.

It's all about no rounds and no gloves! The pre-fight interviews when they are always on an exercise bike lol

Personally at the time for me it was Shamrock, probably because of my age and the fact he looked the most 'pro wrestling' (Fuck did i say that out loud lol!?).

Looking back in hindsight, I doubt he'd even be in my top 3!
    "Just Scrap!"

Twitter '@DWedz'

Quote Originally Posted by Dave78 View Post
    Personally at the time for me it was Shamrock, probably because of my age and the fact he looked the most 'pro wrestling' (Fuck did i say that out loud lol!?).

Looking back in hindsight, I doubt he'd even be in my top 3!
    He did a lot for the sport and had the right kind of image i.e. somewhere between MMA and WWE style wrestler.

Quote Originally Posted by IceKid View Post
    yeh pat smith was cool, or that little crazy black guy that was smashing people, then got brutally KOd by multiple elbows.
    orlando wiet he was a class thai boxer

Yeh I remember him (crazy little black guy ), he got knocked out by that big Judo bloke with reverse elbows.
    At the time I was into Judo and my favourate was Oleg Taktarov, I think he was in UFC before UFC 10, but if not Ill go with Dan "THE BEAST" Severn, he fucked everyone up, and you gotta love the tash