Thread: Hereford Open: Thank you

Default Hereford Open: Thank you

I would like to say a massive thank you to all the fighters, coaches and supporters who attended the Hereford Open Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Championships.
    We had fighters from as far afield as Thetford in the East, Swansea in the West, Plymouth in the South and Bolton in the North.

I would also like to thank our sponsors http://www.black-eagle.co.uk/ and http://www.connectionrio.com

A nice friendly atmosphere, with some awesome BJJ skills on display, especially from the juniors.

This was our first full IBJJF rules event and our first time running three mats, but the 6 P's have paid off once again.

I would like to thank the refereeing team, especially Nick Brookes (RGA Mill Hill) who put on a referee workshop before the event, Vince Machado (Carlson Gracie Revolution Team) and Rob T (Gracie Barra Swansea).

To everyone from The Combat Academy team that helped out, your time is really appreciated, I'm not going to attempt to name everyone as I'm sure to miss someone out! You know who you are.

I must say a special mention to Emma for getting the results online about 3 minutes after the final of the absolute had finished!
    Last edited by dave coles; 06-12-2009 at 07:53 PM.

Awesome day! another well organized comp! well worth the trip up from Plymouth just wish we could have brought home some silverware like we did at the no-gi!! just going to have up my game! made full use of the ice packs today as well!! class !! cheers Dave!!

Gareth SBG

Slightly Bonkers shakus maximus's Avatar

excellent comp
    really proud of my guys
    my adults took 3 bronze and 2 gold
    my juniors took 1 bronze, 1 silver and 3 gold
    awesome achievment.
    all my lads had between 3 and 6 fights and as a dad our jack made me really proud with his performance over his 3 fights
    cant wait for the next 1

our alliance with the combat academy goes from strength to strength

great day i really enjoyed myself coming back in Feb