Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Opinions on Women Entering Men's Divisions?

Rosi Sexton
    Pro Fighter
    Female MMA Mod

I agree with Nathan. I don't understand the problem with her entering the mens -65 kg division.
    Looking for injury, rehab or nutrition advice? visit combatsportsclinic.com

Fighting out of Next Generation

Quote Originally Posted by Rosi View Post
    I agree with Nathan. I don't understand the problem with her entering the mens -65 kg division.
    +1

10 characters

If you need a friend, get a dog !
    http://www.PositiveAggression.co.uk/

if she wants to compete against men, then she should be allowed. she's allowed to train with men, so she should be able to compete in the division imo.

no worse than letting a junior in the adult mens division, as recently happened. if anything this is a fair bit safer than that.
    Strategy can subsitute for talent, but talent will never subsitute for strategy.

"Sometimes hype just isn't enough" Jens Pulver

provided it's made clear to competitors before they sign up that divisions could be mixed, no problems. that way, anyone who isn't prepared to fight a woman doesn't have to enter
    man, when you're the nail, hang in there....until the day you become the hammer

Quote Originally Posted by daspecimen View Post

no worse than letting a junior in the adult mens division, as recently happened. if anything this is a fair bit safer than that.
    wtf ! i train with a woman who would school most guys no matter what weight they are. You was doing well until this bit

Quote Originally Posted by Bateman View Post
    wtf ! i train with a woman who would school most guys no matter what weight they are. You was doing well until this bit
    who's that? just out of curiosity
    man, when you're the nail, hang in there....until the day you become the hammer

Quote Originally Posted by david5 View Post
    who's that? just out of curiosity
    i will PM you dude

wtf ! i train with a woman who would school most guys no matter what weight they are.
    me too, she has accomplished more than any of the guys and regularly takes the class! Skill comes above gender!
    "Just Scrap!"

Twitter '@DWedz'

As I said, if an event doesn't want women to fight men then that's fine, it's their choice. I even see why they may want to do that and that's ok. My objection is an event letting her fight only men who choose to fight her when no one else has to have their opponents decide if they want to fight them (which I'm sure would be based on if they think they can win easily). That just seems to be unfair.

Seriously, think about that situation for a moment. If you were a small novice going to a comp and your only options to compete were a) an open weight open experience division and b) a division of people who've picked to fight you because they think they can win then would you want to go?

Nathan
    Head Coach at Leicester Shootfighters
    Sponsored by Caged Steel and Empire Fight Shop

maybe you misread what i meant. i said that it was safer letting her in the mens division that a kid in the absolute division.
    Strategy can subsitute for talent, but talent will never subsitute for strategy.

"Sometimes hype just isn't enough" Jens Pulver