Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Welsh LW and WW rankings!

Quote Originally Posted by Hands Of Stone View Post
    And god knows what it'll do to regional open mats and multi-club seminars (one of which I'm in the middle of organising).
    I don't think it will make any difference most of fighters know each other and train together whether it's kicking, punching, grappling or throwing each around a gym or dojo all the people i've met have respected each other on what each individual brings the sport, balls to rankings I don't think anyone gives a shit we all support each other push each other to achieve our best

Looking at these 'welsh rankins'.
    They might not actually mean anything to anyone, but this is where it all starts. This potentialy could cause a load of bullshit not needed in welsh mma.

I myself have trained in various gyms across Wales, in Bjj, Muay thai, MMA.
    I have grappled, sparred and trained with fighters from other clubs who are striving for the same goal as me. To learn as much as we can, get the skills on board and become the best we can be.
    I enjoy training with various training partners. Learning from different coaching styles and methods, and finding what works for me.
    I enjoy training with other Welsh fighters.

Like I said we are all competitive and have the same goals.
    So these 'Welsh rankins' as harmless as they may have been intended to be, would influence people.
    Fighters are competitive, if there was a ranking system in Wales then (my goal) everyones goal would be to get ranked at number 1!

The only way you can find out who is the best in Wales, is to have recognised Welsh titles. One for each weight, then whoever has the belt is the Champion. Simple.
    Fuck the ranking system. MMAlien is entitled to his own opininon but I dont think the super-fan quite thought it through.

Just my opinion.
    Last edited by Hunger; 09-12-2009 at 11:35 AM.
    Blessed be the Lord my rock
    Who trains my hands for war
    And my fingers for battle

Psalm 144:1

Chredwch a Cyflawni

i was only having a laugh but the points raised have made me regret ranking welsh fighters! silli idea!

Slightly Bonkers shakus maximus's Avatar

The only way you can find out who is the best in Wales, is to have recognised Welsh titles. One for each weight, then whoever has the belt is the Champion. Simple.
    good post kev

Quote Originally Posted by Hunger View Post
    Jordan james pulled out of the fight with me at knuckleup this friday so I should take his place in the rankins.
    Pretty sure he never accepted it so he couldn't have pulled out.
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

Smile

Sorry if this goes off thread, Rob T is right Kev, Jordan never accepted the fight , was asked about it two weeks ago off the cuff, then didn't hear anymore so assumed it was off and we hadn't made any plans for him to fight this year anyway then a few days ago was offered the fight again and decided against it , didn't accept it at any point to my knowledge. Just thought I'd clear it up
    ps , nice post Mr Jenkins,

I know there was some sort of confusion over the match up.
    I thought I was fighting Jordan as a late replacement.. because his opponent had pulled out?
    Then heard Jamie Rogers was meant to be fighting him the day before?
    Either way neither fight happened.
    Looking ahead now to 2010!!!
    Blessed be the Lord my rock
    Who trains my hands for war
    And my fingers for battle

Psalm 144:1

Chredwch a Cyflawni

Sounds like confusion on both sides mate ! Jordan thought he was being brought in as a late replacement also ! Either way doesn't matter now, have a good one !