Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Welsh LW and WW rankings!

Russ' fights have mainly been at LW (70kg) haven't they?

He was meant to fight his last one at 65 but 12 hour shifts in the week leading up to it meant it was changed to catchweight of 68 cos he couldn't cut properly.
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by shakus maximus View Post
    ricky you had better edit those rankings and put jenkins in there or im gonna ring him and tell on you. lol
    I wouldn't worry Ricky's getting slapped about a bit next month I'd suggest everyone comes and watch

Quote Originally Posted by MMAlien View Post
    No i didn't Russ fights at feather weight!
    Spoke to Russ about a month ago, he said he was going to drop to FW but hasnt yet? Not to my knowledge anyway. So thought he may have been included in the LW rankins
    Blessed be the Lord my rock
    Who trains my hands for war
    And my fingers for battle

Psalm 144:1

Chredwch a Cyflawni

Quote Originally Posted by ade76 View Post
    I wouldn't worry Ricky's getting slapped about a bit next month I'd suggest everyone comes and watch
    That be fighting talk!!! i'm MCing the same night so don't give me much of a beating now will you?

Quote Originally Posted by Hunger View Post
    Spoke to Russ about a month ago, he said he was going to drop to FW but hasnt yet? Not to my knowledge anyway. So thought he may have been included in the LW rankins
    Yeah, his last fight was meant to be 65 (which I guess is FW?) but like I said, he had crappy shifts leading up to it so the cut would have been too much on top of working 12 hours a day all week.

I think if someone has only fought LW (and one catchweight bout just below LW) they should still be included in the LW rankings.

Ricky, would Dino be the no.1 Welsh fighter at FW?
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Rob T View Post
    Russ' fights have mainly been at LW (70kg) haven't they?

He was meant to fight his last one at 65 but 12 hour shifts in the week leading up to it meant it was changed to catchweight of 68 cos he couldn't cut properly.
    as i saw he was down to fight at FW i assumed that he did fight at FW....oops!

Slightly Bonkers shakus maximus's Avatar

happy now shaky
    not quite
    anyone with a 100 fights to their name should be ranked no 1

Jordan james pulled out of the fight with me at knuckleup this friday so I should take his place in the rankins.
    Blessed be the Lord my rock
    Who trains my hands for war
    And my fingers for battle

Psalm 144:1

Chredwch a Cyflawni

**NSFW**
    Paul Jenkins
    Pro Fighter

I'm in a foul mood for other reasons and I've been biting my tongue over this thread for days but couldn't give a fuck right now.

This is the most ill thought out, counter productive bollocks I've ever read.

Welsh MMA is nowhere near ready to produce any kind of ranking system and seeing as many of the guys on the list train together regardless of, or even because of, club loyalties, and many of the club and gym owners/instructers network, help each other out and work selflessly pushing MMA as a whole and not just their own clubs and names, this thread will do nothing but produce behind the scene unsettlement, whispering and bad feeling just at a time when everyone should be pulling hard together instead of creating an environment of one-upmanship that shit like this causes.

Ricky, out of absolute nowhere you've now created an environment of shitty competitiveness based on other peoples placing in your 'rankings' rather than personal pride in each and everyones singular achievments. You've now made it possible for one Welsh guy to pray for another Welsh guy to lose.

And god knows what it'll do to regional open mats and multi-club seminars (one of which I'm in the middle of organising).

My guys have fought some of Chris's guys, Budgies, et al.
    My role as a coach and training partner is to get my guys in as good a shape as possible and even though I actively coach and strategize from cageside at events, I am enacting my role as a good coach and no fighter or opponant should expect anything else from me.
    Personally though, I want the best guy to win. Whoever he may be.
    Of course I want my fighter to be the best guy but if he ain't, tough shit on him !
    Maybe I'm strange in that respect.

Sorry if I've over-reacted or worded myself badly.
    (Actually I couldn't give a fuck but apparently it's the done thing to give yourself a get-out clause with such outbursts...).

Anyone want to add to this, disagree or confirm my thoughts. Be my guest.

The Hands
    Last edited by Hands Of Stone; 09-12-2009 at 01:04 AM.
    "Try masturbating during a thunderstorm. Seriously. It makes you feel like Thor."

Here Come Da Pain......

www.dogsofwar.info