Danaher
    Saulo
    Marcelo Garcia

Terere
    Rickson Gracie
    Saulo Ribeiro
    Marcelo Garcia
    Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza
    "Women kept telling me that I wasn't much of a lover so I figured hell I must be a fighter." - Forrest Griffin

How could I have possibly forgotten Terere!!!! The man was a legend both on the mat as a fighter and as an instructor!!!

Carlson
    Rolls
    Rickson
    Renzo
    Saulo Ribeiro

Rickson
    Saulo
    Renzo
    Neil Adams
    Roy Harris
    The Part Time Grappler - Just Google BJJ / Grappling Tips and you'll find me

Rickson - just for the "is it true"
    Renzo / Danaher
    Wallid Ismaill
    Terere
    Roger

Would also like some western / british influence from guys who have been around in bjj for a long time, simon hayes, jude etc these guys must have a ton of stuff to pass on.

[would say braulio but have already been very fortunate enough to have spent a couple of years with him ]
    Last edited by marc goddard; 11-12-2009 at 06:27 PM. Reason: edited exclusively for the benefit of the threads original purpose. my fault for not reading things properly.
    if you think its easy stop now

no one achieved anything by doing nothing

never argue with a fool

if fighting is a pursuit rooted in pain, you will find the best teachers have often absorbed the most punishment themselves......and remained standing

http://www.twitter.com/marcgoddard_uk

Quote Originally Posted by marc goddard View Post
    Rickson - just for the "is it true"
    Renzo / Danaher
    Wallid Ismaill
    Dan Gable
    Freddy Roach
    Freddy Roach- as in the BOXING trainer?

Carlos Jr
    Danaher
    Bravo
    Jacare
    And I'm lucky enough to be taught by one of the VERY best, Mauricio Gomes

Quote Originally Posted by undercard View Post
    Freddy Roach- as in the BOXING trainer?

Carlos Jr
    Danaher
    Bravo
    Jacare
    And I'm lucky enough to be taught by one of the VERY best, Mauricio Gomes
    Sorry,

please put down your truncheon, i am very sorry my list was not exclusively bjj guys after all this is the bjj forum, hell what do i know ?

ps - mauricio is awesome
    if you think its easy stop now

no one achieved anything by doing nothing

never argue with a fool

if fighting is a pursuit rooted in pain, you will find the best teachers have often absorbed the most punishment themselves......and remained standing

http://www.twitter.com/marcgoddard_uk

i'd like to train with rolls and carlson snr. i hope they have tatami in heaven
    man, when you're the nail, hang in there....until the day you become the hammer

Quote Originally Posted by marc goddard View Post
    Sorry,

please put down your truncheon, i am very sorry my list was not exclusively bjj guys after all this is the bjj forum, hell what do i know ?

ps - mauricio is awesome
    I hadn't even thought of a trunchen, thats very 1980's. They use Batons now, don't you know :-)

And I'm not one for spoiling the party, but the threads first sentance is: "Imagine you were opening a school and could choose any 5 instructors to teach BJJ there, who would you choose and why?"

And yes, if boxing was included, there isn't a man on the planet who wouldn't want FR in their camp.