Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spamming by Gi manufacturers

Hybrid View

Default Spamming by Gi manufacturers

Guys,

I have begun deleting threads that are only created as advertisements for Gi Manufactures.

I do not want the CageWarriors BJJ Forum to become like other forums that are used like internet sales markets.

If someone asks a direct question about a particular manufactures Gi then i am happy for that manufacturer to answer questions.

I am also happy for sponsored fighters to talk about their Gi's on these threads
    where Gi's are the subject of conversation.

What i will not allow is threads to be started to generate sales.

All the manufacurers have been told although some have started asking their sponsored fighters to post for them.

I respect all sponsored fighters and as i say they are welcome to post on Gi threads but this forum is for intelligent BJJ discussion.

I feel the forum is a breath of fresh air,reasonably free of trolling and spamming and i intend to keep it like this.

Apologies to the guys whose threads i just deleted-to be fair they received no personal warnings,but their manufacturers did.

Many thanks to all you guys for the positive contributions you make to this forum.

Oh,and Gi manufacturers,in the unlikely event you would actually like to talk about BJJ or have any opinons on anything apart from selling your own Gi's please feel free to post.

Simon Hayes

Any post's on this thread will be deleted.Thanks.

Simon

you can lock a thread, simon
    man, when you're the nail, hang in there....until the day you become the hammer

Arent you advocating what you say you dont want by having your sponsors website in your signature?

Having something in your signature isn't the same as starting a thread, McFly!

Julian,

I have told Faixa Rua not to start any threads selling his kits on this forum.

There is a huge difference between a link in a signature and a hard sell thread such as

*BUY NOW,40% OFF OUR NEW SUPER SPACE AGE MATERIAL GI OFFER CLOSES SOON

(although frankly i don't think Faixa would be as cheap as that and i've never seen one of his kits on sale).

I want people to talk about Jiu Jitsu on this forum,not sell their products.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Hayes View Post
    Julian,

I have told Faixa Rua not to start any threads selling his kits on this forum.

There is a huge difference between a link in a signature and a hard sell thread such as

*BUY NOW,40% OFF OUR NEW SUPER SPACE AGE MATERIAL GI OFFER CLOSES SOON

(although frankly i don't think Faixa would be as cheap as that and i've never seen one of his kits on sale).

I want people to talk about Jiu Jitsu on this forum,not sell their products.
    Could you please tell me a little more about this 'space age material' gi? Will it stop me getting man-handled?

make me a kevlar gi!
    man, when you're the nail, hang in there....until the day you become the hammer

Quote Originally Posted by david5 View Post
    make me a kevlar gi!
    Could you please tell me a little more about this 'space age material' gi? Will it stop me getting man-handled?

It's all advertising SDR.