Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Not getting my blue is actually the best thing thats happend to me this year.

Default Not getting my blue is actually the best thing thats happend to me this year.

Today i was actually abit dissapointed because alot of people recieved there blues and the same people who recieved it i have either an equal match withe them or on a good day i dominant them. But of course i am happy with them just feel like the one that was left behind.

But now i think about it i am happy because if i got my blue it would make me abit complaicent and think i am good and i would just keep ploding along at the pace i have been going at.
    (saying that i have been training 4-5 days a week for the past 6 7 months lol)

But anyway now i am still a white belt i feel a burning desire to get more fitter, stronger, make my chokes tighter, be more dynamic, powerful and agrresive. And it's strange because sometimes that energy you get from failure makes you feel like a new person.

Which brings me to my question has anyone ever felt like this?

I suppose its like if you have a lion and house train hium he becomes very soft but if that lion is kept in a cage and poked at he becomes hungary.

dnt worry friend. It will happen in good time. Just put your trust in the instructor. Like me, you'll thank him for it that you didn't get it too early.

instructors have all sorts of reasons for giving or not giving the belt. it's a complicated business.

Just keep training and it will come.

If you genuinely are equal to, or even sometimes better than the new blue belts, then make it your business to spar with them as much as you can.

I bet they won't want to lol.

I'm a no stripe white belt so I don't know anything yet, this is just how I imagine it to be.

I'm guessing you're a Carlson Team guy.

Getting a belt at Carlson's is really hard.really really hard.It's the same
    as it has always been.London.Rio.It's all the same.We pride ourselves on that, so when you get it you're going to know it's real.

What i can tell you is that there are a couple of guys that were really close and didn't quite make it.As Dickie says there are lots of factors and for each person the criteria is slightly different depending on your strengths and weaknesses not just in a fight but in other area's too.

The only people to have got Blue in less than a year at Carlson's have been Sambo and Judo Black Belts and a couple of very experienced MMA guys.

I reckon you're one of the guys that are almost there,and look on the bright side,there are A LOT of brand new Blue Belts on the mat now for you to try and submit to make us notice your progress!

Good Luck whoever you are,i salute your attitude of coming back hungrier!

LOL
    Yeah there's nothing a new blue hates is being singled out by
    really really good white belts and then being tapped out by them.
    Enjoy your last remaining months as a white, make good smash!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Meerkatsu's BJJ Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Hayes View Post
    there are lots of factors and for each person the criteria is slightly different depending on your strengths and weaknesses not just in a fight but in other area's too.
    These other areas, are they secret or can you share what they are?

The answer lies in 3 words-

Just keep training.

lol fairy snuff

keep ur head up. I am in the same boat as you. Trust me tap/dominate the blue belts and u def got the instructors attention. I think if u can hang with the blue belts u should get ur belt soon