Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Not getting my blue is actually the best thing thats happend to me this year.

Quote Originally Posted by the count of monte cristo View Post
    Today i was actually abit dissapointed because alot of people recieved there blues and the same people who recieved it i have either an equal match withe them or on a good day i dominant them. But of course i am happy with them just feel like the one that was left behind.

But now i think about it i am happy because if i got my blue it would make me abit complaicent and think i am good and i would just keep ploding along at the pace i have been going at.
    (saying that i have been training 4-5 days a week for the past 6 7 months lol)

But anyway now i am still a white belt i feel a burning desire to get more fitter, stronger, make my chokes tighter, be more dynamic, powerful and agrresive. And it's strange because sometimes that energy you get from failure makes you feel like a new person.

Which brings me to my question has anyone ever felt like this?

I suppose its like if you have a lion and house train hium he becomes very soft but if that lion is kept in a cage and poked at he becomes hungary.

stop crying like a little bitch , suck it up and keep training.
    This is thread is so Romo, its more gay than me in a yellow cardigan.

i hate this shit

If you need a friend, get a dog !
    http://www.PositiveAggression.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Bateman View Post
    stop crying like a little bitch , suck it up and keep training.
    This is thread is so Romo, its more gay than me in a yellow cardigan.

i hate this shit
    dont hate on the yellow cardigans

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Hayes View Post
    I have never trained with a High level BJJ fighter who has let me tap them.
    Not when i was a white belt,blue belt,purple belt,brown belt or black belt.

I'm not saying Matt Thornton's approach is wrong,just that i have never witnessed it.

I wonder if i roll with him whether he will let me tap him?
    I think it was meant more as a starting point in your BJJ career to dissolve the ego from day 1.

i have been training 3-4 times a week in nogi for 2 years and have never been allowed to get position on a blackbelt never mind getting a sub.

Re-read my post above, you're missing the point. It's not the higher ranked belts giving away positions or submissions, it's the very new guys to get rid of their ego from the off. I've not tried it personally.