Thread: "Training Off the mat!"

Default "Training Off the mat!"

Hey guys a friend of mine Jason Gulati, is a world class strength and conditioning coach and BJJ purple belt just wrote a great strength and conditioning article on my blog www.jiujitsukingdom.wordpress.com. I think in this day and age with everyone looking for a quick fix or the latest champion's routine that Jason's article is a breath of fresh air! Just so you know Jason has worked with Frank Mir before his fight against Minotauro and Robert Drysdale before ADCC so he knows his stuff and how to apply it for BJJ! I hope you enjoy it and that it helps you in your training and I'd love to hear your thoughts on it! I look forward to doing some serious training with jason in 2010! Have a great week!
    Kind Regards
    Felipe

cool read liked this part;

"Evolve your training routine around yourself, and not around the latest training schedules out there."

checked the net, you know if he has any books on the subject.

preet

Default Coaching

deleted for spamming
    Last edited by Simon Hayes; 17-12-2009 at 09:42 AM.

Excellent Stuff Felipe! Thanks alot for that!
    The Part Time Grappler - Just Google BJJ / Grappling Tips and you'll find me

Quote Originally Posted by facetofootstyle View Post
    cool read liked this part;

"Evolve your training routine around yourself, and not around the latest training schedules out there."

checked the net, you know if he has any books on the subject.
    Yeah Jason's awesome! Unfortunately he doesn't have any products available yet but I believe he has some in the works! I'll talk to him and keep you posted! Glad you liked it!

Quote Originally Posted by preet View Post
    Welcome to the Coaching Corner. This is a place for coaches and team leaders to share ideas for signs, awards, gifts, pep rallies, motivation, team building, homecoming themes, poems, and other resources. I see lots of coaches ask for these types of things, so please share your best ideas here. By sharing your best ideas, the spirit community as a whole benefits. Thanks so much for your awesome input! Thanks also to the soutien scolaire for granting us permission to reprint exerpts from top cheer coaches around the world to get you started! We hope

you find the information or connection that you need.
    Not sure I understand this one or who its from? And where is the coaching corners???

Quote Originally Posted by liamwandi View Post
    Excellent Stuff Felipe! Thanks alot for that!
    Glad you liked it mate! By the way I checked out your blog, some good stuff on there. I'll leave you a few comments on various subjects!

Hey JJK, thanks for introducing me to your blog - wow lots of really cool articles for me to read over Christmas!
    Keep up the good work.
    BJJ Bloggers 4 Da world!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Meerkatsu's BJJ Blog

Quote Originally Posted by JJK View Post
    Glad you liked it mate! By the way I checked out your blog, some good stuff on there. I'll leave you a few comments on various subjects!
    Haha cheers. It means alot coming from you. It just started as an outlet for my thoughts but I soon started receiving emails from Part Time Grapplers all over the world
    The Part Time Grappler - Just Google BJJ / Grappling Tips and you'll find me