Thread: Grappler suffers serious injury

Default Grappler suffers serious injury

http://bjj-australia.blogspot.com/20...-are-real.html

Thankfully very rare but terrible injury. Best wishes go out to the guy and his family.

That's terrible. My prayers go out to that poor guy - hope he gets better....

Reminds me of that YouTube video where that guy gets his back broken in a BJJ comp - you guys know the one I mean....

I know what we do is a tough sport and injuries can and do occur, but from what I'm aware back/spinal injuries are very rare - these two instances are the only ones I'm aware of...

Once again - my prayers to the poor guy - I really hope he recovers from this....

fuck! hope he gets better

maybe a small donation guys , 10 NZD = 4 ?

If you need a friend, get a dog !
    http://www.PositiveAggression.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Bateman View Post
    maybe a small donation guys , 10 NZD = 4 ?
    Agree 100%.

$10 is only 4.53, it's through paypal so it is really easy to do.

Reminds me of Owen Lowery's injury in a Junior Judo competition more than 20 years ago. Got thrown on his head and broke his neck. It is fucking terrifying just thinking about it.
    So I don't.

Poor guy. Of course I dunno what exactly caused this accident but while on the topic of neck injuries I am going to say for the record ...

I personally am strongly against neck cranks and get really pissed off when i see folk slamming them on. They arn't in competitions for a reason. Its obviously a tough sport and my feeling is that the application of neck cranks is a totally unnecessary risk.

I really hope Haydn Clasby gets better, whever caused it, thats a really shitty thing to happen.
    Tap Forged