Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Excessively long warm ups

The way to stretch is to do joint rotations first, then warm up progressively, then stretch. It's how almost all high level sports people do it.

Does it for us **flex** piratebrido's Avatar

How do you warm up in sub 0 degree weather? Tried it this morning and I couldn't. After 50 mins hard rolling the only moisture on me was a damp forehead.

Quote Originally Posted by TatooineFarmBoy View Post
    I already did my allotted running for this week. (Oringinal Post)
    I am personally going to try and do some serious running, I think it is the only way to get really get fit. (Reply on page 4)

So on one hand you are saying that you did your "allotted running" and on the other you are saying "you are going to try and do some serious running."
    So the Allotted running that you done, was that not serious running? or did you just not really do it?

Also , there is far more to BJJ fitness than Running, which is probably why an instructor will use a different warm up, Explosive power techniques and sprints are better than just running!
    An instructor will base the warm up and techniques around the needs of a class and it sounds like thats what was needed.
    OOOOOSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by piratebrido View Post
    How do you warm up in sub 0 degree weather? Tried it this morning and I couldn't. After 50 mins hard rolling the only moisture on me was a damp forehead.
    I wear a lot of layers to start...

Two pairs of socks, leggings, gi trousers,
    Rash guard, t-shirt, hoody, gi top.

Jog for a bit, side step, shoulder rotations, hip rotations, rolling over my shoulders.

Get warm enough to take off hoody, t-shirt and socks (both pairs).

Continue as normal from there but make sure I'm always active, no slow drilling.
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

Good advice, a few months ago I thought that I had found the perfect venue as I happily converted a barn. Now winter has come and its bloody freezing. You live and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Costello View Post
    Good advice, a few months ago I thought that I had found the perfect venue as I happily converted a barn. Now winter has come and its bloody freezing. You live and learn!
    Have you looked into getting some sort of heating in there, or would it be pointless given the probable lack of insulation?

Quote Originally Posted by creonte View Post
    frens maybe teacher he think there few guys who fat an not work hard enough?
    Thats it!!! hard warm up or very hard warm up!?!?!?

Very hard warm up everytime!!! It will only make you stronger!!

Hi Iconclast, I'm looking into those gas cylinder heaters, fingers crossed that it will make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by david5 View Post
    personally i find i am injured much less if i stretch before warming up. there is some evidence to suggest cold stretching has no effect on injury rates, although like most of sports science there's a lot of contrary evidence.
    man you must be real brazilian for sure fren
    Insert whiny message

Quote Originally Posted by Rob T View Post
    Warm-up for lazy bastards;

Turning up late = 5mins
    Chatting with desk staff/another lazy bastard = 5mins
    Getting changed REALLY slowly = 2-3mins
    Tieing belt REALLY slowly = 2-3mins
    I have been guilty of all of these. Hehehe but I am making an effort to be better in 2010