Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Great moments of WTF?!!!

Default Great moments of WTF?!!!

I'd like to share some WTF moments during BJJ class.

-Two years ago. Guy emails me about training. He's a purple belt under Ari Galo (Carlson Gracie Team), from Luxembourg. I welcome him to our school. Guy shows up, with blue gi and purple belt. Guy gets handled by the beginner white belts, and murdered by the blues. Turns to me and says: "It's because I didn't do a proper warm up. I do yoga every day." Guy never returns...

A month ago I see this kid at the Dutch Open, competing in the WHITE BELT division for another team. And losing. I walked up to greet him, and he couldn't even bring himself to even look me in the eye...

-Other new guy keeps trying to choke his opponent with his foot. While getting smashed and passed over and over. I ask: what on god's green earth are you trying to do? He says: Well I saw this GREAT move on Submissions 101...

I heard friends in the States complaining about this, but now also in Holland we have to guard ourselves against the shit moves of Ari Bolden...
    carlsongracie.nl

Isn't Ari Bolden a BJJ brown belt under Eddie Bravo?

Ari Bolden is at Purple Shirt/Belt in 10th Planet Jiujitsu under Eddie Bravo, and a Blue Belt with 2 Stripes in BJJ under Keith Owen.

...and apparently a Japanese Jujutsu Black Belt under no-one important.

Whoo for in depth grappling qualifications!

Take care,

Stalks
    Grappling Record: 215 W (134 SUBs) - 85 L (13 SUBs) - 2 D
    Amateur MMA Record: 15 W (14 SUBs) - 0 L - 2 D

The Jiujitsu Game - A Competitor's Videolog

Proudly sponsored by Black Eagle & Scramble

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Hayes View Post
    No,Ari Bolden is a cunt.
    Bit harsh simon what he done?

No,Ari Bolden is a cunt.
    hahaha love it
    smash'em smash'em SMASH'EEEMMMMM

www.carlsongracieteam.org.uk

He is part of a huge trend of guys who just can't bear to be the student,do the time and learn the art from a real instructor.

He has a very very shady Black Belt in some bullshit American/Japanese Jiu Jitsu system and was wearing that belt along with a BJJ Gi to TEACH jiu jitsu
    on Submissions 101.He has no right to teach BJJ at all.
    At that time he had no ranking in BJJ but inexperienced guys thought he was a Black Belt and assumed he was teaching good stuff on Submissions 101.
    He had no rank in BJJ.He lived within a few miles of a highly respected BJJ Black Belt but he didn't train with him,preferring to instead to be the 'instructor' for his own group of guys.He then aligned himself with Eddie Bravo(who has already been found out for supporting fakes if they can market his system,just google Brandon Quick who was one of Eddies "Brown Shirts" until he was found out on forums for having held no belts in BJJ,lying to Eddie,Eddie failing to check him out and 'transferring' a fake BJJ Brown Belt into a 10th planet 'brown shirt').

His Blue Belt from Keith Owen is recent and the only reason he has stopped teaching in a Black Belt is because he was called out on it.

He is part of a generation of BJJ students who don't want to learn the art,they just want a shortcut and will use any devious method to find one.

Real Jiu Jitsu takes years of blood,sweat and tears to learn.Guys like this undermine everybodies efforts,from white belt to Black.

He is part of a huge trend of guys who just can't bear to be the student,do the time and learn the art from a real instructor.

He has a very very shady Black Belt in some bullshit American/Japanese Jiu Jitsu system and was wearing that belt along with a BJJ Gi to TEACH jiu jitsu
    on Submissions 101.He has no right to teach BJJ at all.
    At that time he had no ranking in BJJ but inexperienced guys thought he was a Black Belt and assumed he was teaching good stuff on Submissions 101.
    He had no rank in BJJ.He lived within a few miles of a highly respected BJJ Black Belt but he didn't train with him,preferring to instead to be the 'instructor' for his own group of guys.He then aligned himself with Eddie Bravo(who has already been found out for supporting fakes if they can market his system,just google Brandon Quick who was one of Eddies "Brown Shirts" until he was found out on forums for having held no belts in BJJ,lying to Eddie,Eddie failing to check him out and 'transferring' a fake BJJ Brown Belt into a 10th planet 'brown shirt').

His Blue Belt from Keith Owen is recent and the only reason he has stopped teaching in a Black Belt is because he was called out on it.

He is part of a generation of BJJ students who don't want to learn the art,they just want a shortcut and will use any devious method to find one.

Real Jiu Jitsu takes years of blood,sweat and tears to learn.Guys like this undermine everybodies efforts,from white belt to Black.
    my understanding of the Quick situation was that he was only a purple belt claiming to be a brown. Didn't know the stuf about Ari (knew he was a tool, his techs generally suck)

Brandon Quick faked all his belts.It has been well documented.