Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Great moments of WTF?!!!

back to the original story...so did this kid lie about his purple?
    Or was he just no good.
    Why would anyone put on a higher ranked belt then walk into a BJJ
    academy? They would get found out in 1 sec.
    I really dont understand the mentality there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Meerkatsu's BJJ Blog

I like the sound of shortcutting. Do you think anyone would say anything if I turned up to class in a red belt? I bet they would all respect me without question

Seriously though, there is definitely a movement (thanks to the internet) for people becoming well respected in various fields, without taking years to build up qualifications/ approval from peers. I personally like it. Lots of really good ideas are coming out of it, and it COULD change the world. (I am not really one to respect authority). It almost always seems misplaced to me- government officials, teachers at school, etc.

Of course, becoming an 'overnight expert' will lead to a walloping increase in fraudsters and people being conned. But there you go- can't make an omlette without breaking eggs.

None of the above relates to my thoughts on BJJ though. I think the belt register is a very sound idea and I fully support it.

This is the problem with any Martial Arts System - a guy does a few lessons, watch UFC and then think they are experts and then open a class.

The belt register would mean Poo - I have been involved with Karate for 25 years and trust me - I get instructors come to my shop and buy the belts before their students have graded.

The problem now a days is MMA is getting bigger and you will always get muppets claiming they are this and that just to make money and you will always get people paying it - because they do not do their home work.

I get customers in my shop that say they are doing UFC and they never Tap - get arm bared or choked - my reply is when I was doing ju jitsu ( never took a belt and not saying that I am any good ) but if I get caught I tap like a bitch.

This thread is great and we need more like it - these idiots that quote this belt and that belt need to shown for the fakes they are.

sorry for the rant it just gets on my tits when instructors make claims they cant back up.

Quote Originally Posted by dwarfofdoom View Post
    my understanding of the Quick situation was that he was only a purple belt claiming to be a brown. Didn't know the stuf about Ari (knew he was a tool, his techs generally suck)
    Yeah its often said that quick was actually pretty good just he was a liar.
    "A boxer is the best predator on land. The Lion, but throw him in the shark tank and he becomes just another meal" Renzo Gracie.

Ari has the skills of a 4 stripe white belt max. I respect keith owen a lot but Ari is not that rank he might scrape a blue but not a 2 stripe, i know people are graded on knowledge not necesarrily on skill, well i know a shit load put can't put any of it into practice. I can't stand bolden, he shows all his complicated garbage subs, which just get you smashed when in rolling he struggles to do the basics, he also refuses to roll with anyone apart from a couple of his buds in fear of getting smashed on the mat. Here is his blue belt grading
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Submissi...26/_uBA1ic7Riw
    I remeber the first time i saw this i knew almost nothing about him I thought he was a black belt then i saw this and it pissed me off.

A friend of a friend was talking to me a couple weeks ago at his house claiming his brother does "UFC" and is a black belt, and he trains with him 24/7 and knows all subs, escapes and reckoned to be a purple belt level, i asked him for a roll and me with the shittest bottom game in england caught him straight away in a triangle he refused to tap and started snorting, so i let go, he gets up and says "I told you i know the escapes".
    Last edited by IranianWarMachine; 19-12-2009 at 05:51 PM.
    "A boxer is the best predator on land. The Lion, but throw him in the shark tank and he becomes just another meal" Renzo Gracie.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Hayes View Post
    Brandon Quick faked all his belts.It has been well documented.
    wow that is just f'd up. I'd say Quick -vs- Bolden in a McDojo Masters leaves town match.

Lol at eddie bravo having brown shirts in his grades

Quote Originally Posted by dwarfofdoom View Post
    wow that is just f'd up. I'd say Quick -vs- Bolden in a McDojo Masters leaves town match.
    Quick would school him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgUcQj-5QwM

i had a little comment conversation with ari about this video
    man, when you're the nail, hang in there....until the day you become the hammer

Quote Originally Posted by david5 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgUcQj-5QwM

i had a little comment conversation with ari about this video
    I love how he tries defending himself wearing a BB by saying "Well other people do it on youtube", lol what a goon.