Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28

Thread: Amir Khan sucks..

  1. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mzb View Post
    he's obviously very good, and very very fast, but he's just not as good as he's made out to be and so i dont like him.


    Top that of with him being a cocky thing i just dont like the guy.
    I love the Bill Hicks quote you put there man but I have got to question a couple of things you say. If he's 'obviously very good' and you are disliking him because he is not as 'good as he's made out to be'-is that not a strange logic?

    Also for some reason Khan is constantly accused of being cocky but I don't see why people always go on about this. I mean there are much cockier boxers out there. He generally comes across as being quite humble, especially since his defeat.

    The way he's reacted to his defeat I think is outstanding. It reveals his true character to be very strong.

  2. #12
    Senior Member IceKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    West London
    Posts
    2,963

    Default

    if amir beats paulie then he'll get my praise, not that i dont already think hes pretty awesome.
    "My whole life is an epic journey man, I mean who else do you know that listens to Enya whilst taking a dump?"

  3. #13

    Default

    Until he beats either Pacman, Mayweather, Cotto or Nelson then I won't rate him so it looks like I never will, I would like to see a Prescott rematch.

  4. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IceKid View Post
    if amir beats paulie then he'll get my praise, not that i dont already think hes pretty awesome.
    Paulie isn't even that great man, hes good but not a dangerous fighter, Hatton smashed him to pieces with his speed and Khans faster than Hatton.

  5. #15
    Senior Member IceKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    West London
    Posts
    2,963

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AoAJJ View Post
    Until he beats either Pacman, Mayweather, Cotto or Nelson then I won't rate him so it looks like I never will, I would like to see a Prescott rematch.
    why does he have to beat these fighters for you to rate him?

    thats like saying rich franklin is shit because he cant beat anderson silva.

    im pretty sure khan doesnt give two shits about whether or not you rate him anyway, hes rich and has probably banged more girls this month than you have your entire life.
    "My whole life is an epic journey man, I mean who else do you know that listens to Enya whilst taking a dump?"

  6. #16

    Default

    Because to be one of the best which they are making him out to be he has to beat the best, he lives in the same town as me, we have to put up with him and hes hated in Bolton, seriously lol... by everyone, he acts like he is the best, so prove it.

  7. #17

    Default

    if he had a good chin, he'd be unstoppable.
    "A boxer is the best predator on land. The Lion, but throw him in the shark tank and he becomes just another meal" Renzo Gracie.

  8. #18
    ooooo had to hurt Wiegieboard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    The Holy Land (Neilston)
    Posts
    5,575

    Default

    AoAJJ is the prime and perfect example of the point I was making earlier.
    No longer playing World of Warcraft. Goodbye fond memories
    FUCK THE ALLIANCE

  9. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiegieboard View Post
    AoAJJ is the prime and perfect example of the point I was making earlier.
    No no please elaborate!

    Tell us please, again, of the example you were making earlier. I think we need it again.
    Genetically Different.

  10. #20
    Senior Member Grake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Yorkshire
    Posts
    1,612

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Serotonin+ View Post
    No no please elaborate!

    Tell us please, again, of the example you were making earlier. I think we need it again.
    i'll quote it, it's the truth

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiegieboard View Post
    I hate these fucks who act with little decency towards the practitioners of the sport. It's sad and unfortunate that in time, MMA will become more like boxing in the respect that normal Joe will not meet, greet, train with or talk to the fighters.
    When the U.F.C. first came to the U.K. I as a spectator had the privilege of having a chat with Eugene Jackson, grabbed a quick bite to eat with Josh Barnett outside the Royal Albert Hall during the day, had a quick Q and A with Tito after I congratulated him on the birth of his kid and took some pictures with Genki Sudo and his team, some of which I gave them when the English speakers asked if they could take some back to Japan.
    I also took a couple of pics of Ian after his victory over Mir which I Gave to him and which he has used in Magazine articles and put on his site.

    That was how close the sport was as a community amongst people who trained and practiced it.

    This close knit feeling of the community is unfortunately dispersing though, with fighters being replaced by superstars who in turn because of their status, need upped security etc. due to chumps who only want to flame someone who's doing well for theirself because either they aren't doing well or because of this gang mentality which has developed alongside the bravado and competitiveness of people who train in a close geographical radius.(longest sentence ever)

    This sport in my opinion was most beautiful at its' roots.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This website uses cookies to enhance user experience. They can be disabled at any time. Please see our FAQ's for details.