Thread: Has anyone trained under Brendan Ingle ?

Hybrid View

Default Has anyone trained under Brendan Ingle ?

I really like his style , his low hands so the upper body can move alot better.
    I read he has some unorthodox training styles, has anyone trained under him ?

If you need a friend, get a dog !
    http://www.PositiveAggression.co.uk/

For boxing yes, for mma NO. His style is far too wide open to the unorthodx punches that occur in mma. Open to KO's. You need a high guard style of fighting for mma, unless your light and very fast.

Quote Originally Posted by LouieJ View Post
    For boxing yes, for mma NO. His style is far too wide open to the unorthodx punches that occur in mma. Open to KO's. You need a high guard style of fighting for mma, unless your light and very fast.
    Thanks, I understand all that , more interested what he did for Boxing.

what sort of training did he do , does he also train everyone in his camp in the same style ? heard he is big on body sparring ?

If you need a friend, get a dog !
    http://www.PositiveAggression.co.uk/

Yes he does and he also refuses to train kickboxers / MMA Fighters.
    "When you're not training; somebody else is training to kick your ass."
    Part of Team Savage. Trained by Alex 'The Boy' Owen:
    http://www.teamsavage.co.uk/

I trained with Herol Grahamwho I would imagine would follow Ingles methods. Loads and loads of stance and footwork stuff. He had some incredible angles despite out reaching him his stance meant I was always in range

* and all sparring of any note was to the body , he kept saying "hit me harder, pretend im black" which was quite off putting

Quote Originally Posted by sol_dave View Post
    I trained with Herol Grahamwho I would imagine would follow Ingles methods. Loads and loads of stance and footwork stuff. He had some incredible angles despite out reaching him his stance meant I was always in range

* and all sparring of any note was to the body , he kept saying "hit me harder, pretend im black" which was quite off putting
    saw herol sparring about a year ago with a mate of mine, that man moves like lightening for his age too fast.
    "A boxer is the best predator on land. The Lion, but throw him in the shark tank and he becomes just another meal" Renzo Gracie.

Quote Originally Posted by IranianWarMachine View Post
    saw herol sparring about a year ago with a mate of mine, that man moves like lightening for his age too fast.
    When I Met him a few years ago he had just completed a 12 hour skip for charity the guy can move for sure!

glad to see he has opened a gym was a blinding bloke. Spoke about the Jackson loss and troubles in his life, you cannot help but warm to him. If I lived in sheffield id be there in a flash

he also appreciates other arts although had to be shown a subs at full pace to believe it (not from me i might add )

Quote Originally Posted by sol_dave View Post

Herol has just opened his own boxing gym in Sheffield next door to Gracie Barra (on Lancing Road, near the Sheffield Un***d ground if you're interested). He's a bit of character, to say the least. I used to love watching him fight; one of several excellent boxers from Sheffield.
    Last edited by BlueRabbit; 03-01-2010 at 11:58 PM.