Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: kick or normal box?

Hybrid View

Default kick or normal box?

Hi i am wondering about this forum can it be used for my kickboxing disscusions and questions aswell as boxing?
    also i would like to know what people thoughts on american kickboxing? as some people hate it some love it.
    Amatuer Kickboxer: 3-0-0

Is it not essientialy a stand up section? i presume it would be fine ?
    This is not a gif. It is an actual video of Fedor doing infinate press ups.
    3-0-0

american kickboxing do you mean wako rules? Like WCL?
    "A boxer is the best predator on land. The Lion, but throw him in the shark tank and he becomes just another meal" Renzo Gracie.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
    Hi i am wondering about this forum can it be used for my kickboxing disscusions and questions aswell as boxing?
    also i would like to know what people thoughts on american kickboxing? as some people hate it some love it.
    American kickboxing has its good and bad points.
    Some people would argue that it has a very restrictive nature due to not allowing kicks below the waistline and restrictions on clinchwork and knees (i.e. NO clinch/knee/elbows).

I personally think it is OK. Now when you get 2 very good practitioners, say one who is a VERY good kicker and one who is a good boxer, you get fireworks!!!

At a novice level I would say that Thai style or K-1 style kickboxing are miles better.
    At the top level american kickboxing is spectacular.
    Looking for K-1 Kickboxers ALL Levels 26th Feb

Quote Originally Posted by kickboxingidiot1 View Post
    American kickboxing has its good and bad points.
    Some people would argue that it has a very restrictive nature due to not allowing kicks below the waistline and restrictions on clinchwork and knees (i.e. NO clinch/knee/elbows).

I personally think it is OK. Now when you get 2 very good practitioners, say one who is a VERY good kicker and one who is a good boxer, you get fireworks!!!

At a novice level I would say that Thai style or K-1 style kickboxing are miles better.
    At the top level american kickboxing is spectacular.
    yes ive been told about thai boxing and it looks alot of fun but i couldnt find any clubs near me so i jumped at the chance for american kickboxing btw at my club we train knees, elbows and kicks below the belt even though were told we cant use them in tornys.
    Amatuer Kickboxer: 3-0-0

In "american kickboxing" also known as freestyle karate semi contact kickboxing, most of the time a good boxer messes them up, as the kicks aren't hard enough to do damage or ward off opponents, the side and front kicks are good and good kicker can devistate with axe kicks and hook kicks, jumping spinning back kicks etc. But under k-1 rules they stuggle due to a clear lack of power in the kicks. One thing a lot of them do have is awesome footwork due to the points fighting that most of them do, with blitzing.
    I think solid muay thai, with speed and good footwork cross trained with boxing getting good boxing defense is a truly devistating combo.
    "A boxer is the best predator on land. The Lion, but throw him in the shark tank and he becomes just another meal" Renzo Gracie.

Anybody got any links (perhaps youtube?) to these top level american kickboxing matches so i can see what its like?

I only ever watch thai and K1 rules so im interested in these "explosive" or "fireworks" that have been spoken of, sounds like it could be great to watch. Cheers
    There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather.

just get onto youtube, savate is similar too, if you enjoy 1 you will enjoy them all

try typing lex easdon into youtube,
    lex is one of the best kickboxers of the decade

there is a lot of wcl and put in wako and semi contact stuff comes up i used to train with this guy and he was a world champ in semi contact kickboxing and was a pro boxer really brutal fighter, so fast for a guy who weighed 90 odd kilos, just mute the sound http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hux3UOsskWg