Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why do boxers have it in for mma fighters?

Default Why do boxers have it in for mma fighters?

Hey all just wanted a lil rant.

went along to a boxing club today the head guy asked if i had boxed before i said yes and that i do mma so straight away i get the answer, "mma... thats that ummm brut cage fighting thing aint it?" to which i say cage fighting/mixed martial arts,

he then trys to preech that its for a bunch of criminals and thugs who cant take the time to train hard which i pissed me self laughing at, and tried telling me how dangerous it is, i then asked him if he had even been and watched a mma event he of coarse sid no hell he hasnt even been and seen the mma club next door lol

i took offence at this and he then said ok wanna spar with a proper fighter so i did but heres the fun catch after saying his lad cld run rings round me i said how about 2 5 min rounds he said ok ok 3mins later his lad gassed on the floor he finaly lost that smug grin the silly fat cunt arggghhhhhh
    KETTERING SHOOTFIGHTERS, semi pro 1-1-0

because their art is fading and ours is shining bright!!!!
    Don't Take Life Too Serious Or You'll Die Stressed!!!

did you mma chi blast him to take his wind?
    No longer playing World of Warcraft. Goodbye fond memories
    FUCK THE ALLIANCE

nah pushed him in the corner n pounded his ribs for 2 mins straight havent learnt the higher lerning of mma chi control yet but hopefully will soon :P

I learned my chi attacks from watching "The Legend of Chun Li".
    You should give it a try man it's great.

Here's a video of me teaching my chi ai ki ai skills in my black sash chi ai ki ai dojo only 2 weeks after watching the movie. I'm much better now like. Now I'm like 2 wizards having a fight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHVrR...eature=related
    No longer playing World of Warcraft. Goodbye fond memories
    FUCK THE ALLIANCE

now if tht is for real then dam i wanna learn tht shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by phil flynn View Post
    because their art is fading and ours is shining bright!!!!
    Well said
    add to that they dont understand mma. Im not putting down boxing we need it for mma ( well a modified version of it) but boxers cannot without trying mma grasp whats involved in it as boxing is very one dimensional.

Don't taint all boxers with the same brush. I know some good boxers who appreciate both sports.

If your an mma fighter, you need to be involved in some sort of striking so will naturally appreciate boxing.
    If your just a boxer then you'll maybe tend not to be involved, thus non-interested in mma, which itself leads to lack of appreciation for the art/sport. But as I said not all boxers are the same.

I hope both sports thrive an mma gets bigger, more entertainment for me. If you honestly think boxing will die your very silly.

this sort of attitude comes from ignorance i think. Before i had any involvement in mma i thought it looked a load of shite and that an mma fighter wouldnt be able to do much against a good boxer but thats cos i didnt know anything. obviously iv changed my mind since. but i still know people from boxing who think the same way as i did
    Last edited by hfa/boxing; 31-12-2009 at 08:55 AM.
    HFAMMA.COM

Boxing is old school and so are many of the trainers... when new people come into my boxing Gym the trainer still after many years refers to me as "..does that ultimate fighting ..." , i think thats the way it is... they dont get it. i guess its like trying to get a football fan to watch and enjoy rugby

If you need a friend, get a dog !
    http://www.PositiveAggression.co.uk/