Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why do boxers have it in for mma fighters?

Pro Fighter
    self-appointed boss of the forum

Fear.... fear of the truth.

I think its a bit harsh to group all boxing clubs in together. We have an excellent dedicated Boxing Gym Tommy's ABC down to road from our gym in Reading. We send any enquries on pure boxing to him, he sends anyone looking for MMA our way. We both respect each others sport for what it is.
    http://www.godsofwarmma.com/
    MMA, Grappling and Kickboxing classes in Reading Berkshire

i def think some of the boxing community 'has it in' for mma, makes me think of James Walsh's post where they tried to stitch up Jason Young (to make an example of mma) as an example
    "Just Scrap!"

Twitter '@DWedz'

Pro Fighter
    self-appointed boss of the forum

Quote Originally Posted by Dave78 View Post
    i def think some of the boxing community 'has it in' for mma, makes me think of James Walsh's post where they tried to stitch up Jason Young (to make an example of mma) as an example
    What is this... I missed it

I agree that not all Boxing Clubs are the same - I have done Karate for years and have come across other instructors saying that " Your Students dont wear white suits so they dont do Karate " - my simple answer is ' well if I get into a fight then should I get changed into my Gi first before I kick the guys arse so I can use my Karate skills on them '.

Boxing clubs are the same - some will be good and some will be dicks - but the point is that Boxing Clubs should embrace MMA and use their years of foot work and Hand technique to boost their class numbers by bringing in the local MMA fighters.

Why is it in this country we have this devide - But in America, Brazil etc ~ Styles train at the same gyms or fighters go to other gyms to learn different aspects.

Mixed Martial Arts is the fastest growing combat sport to hit the Market in the last 10 years and old school wont except it.

I have this discussion with at least 5 customers a week and after 10 minutes they all go ~ Ahhhh I never knew that about MMA.

Quote Originally Posted by ReD_mIst View Post
    What is this... I missed it
    http://www.cagewarriors.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=44674

here it is mate, was a while back, good post though...
    "Just Scrap!"

Twitter '@DWedz'

"Boxing clubs are the same - some will be good and some will be dicks - but the point is that Boxing Clubs should embrace MMA and use their years of foot work and Hand technique to boost their class numbers by bringing in the local MMA fighters."

i agree with what your saying, the guy just realy pissed me off with how he acted, most of the guys that trained there were helpfull with giving me pointers etc just the coach was an arse
    KETTERING SHOOTFIGHTERS, semi pro 1-1-0

The phrase I liked was 'Boxing is the sport of our fathers and MMA is the sport of our sons'.

Boxing is far less popular than it was, but at least some of that has to do with the lack of characters at the top and the whole fight structure. Of course, MMA has had it's fair share of problems.

I think a healthy respect of both arts is the best way.

NoGiCorbarian- congratulations on your upcoming fatherhood. I wish you all the best. The first 6 months is the hardest, with all the attention they need and the lack of sleep. It gets easier after that.

Quote Originally Posted by NoGiCorbarian View Post

the guy just realy pissed me off with how he acted, most of the guys that trained there were helpfull with giving me pointers etc just the coach was an arse
    Probably because most the guys in there where quietly into thier mma, but sssssshhhhhhhh dont tell the coach ha ha.

I do both and I think SOME boxers don't like the idea that someone could take them to a very uncomfortable place!