Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jumping rope

Default Jumping rope

Started Jumping alot of rope, pretty much looking to skip 9 x 3 min rounds. Stopped the running for a bit and running shuttles now rather than distance.

Which Rope ? I dont like light ropes so I just purchased a Duvide dS Jumprope which is the speed version from Duvide. Does anyone use weighted ropes ?

Just interested to see if people still jump rope

If you need a friend, get a dog !
    http://www.PositiveAggression.co.uk/

For speed ~ I am using a cheap plastic version

For work out ~ I am using a heavy leather with big handles

I can't run any more so these 2 are a good cross over

Pro Fighter
    self-appointed boss of the forum

I've always used a good leather rope with heavy handles. never liked speed ropes, always too light and tbh, no faster than a leather rope.

I also own one of those stupid think Muay Thai tube ropes.... but that is fuckin' murder!

Quote Originally Posted by ReD_mIst View Post

I also own one of those stupid think Muay Thai tube ropes.... but that is fuckin' murder!
    Nice , is that one of those purple and white tube ones ? i always wanted one of those, like jumping a hose pipe . Any ideas on where to get one ?
    Cheers mate

Pro Fighter

Quote Originally Posted by Bateman View Post
    Nice , is that one of those purple and white tube ones ? i always wanted one of those, like jumping a hose pipe . Any ideas on where to get one ?
    Cheers mate
    Mine is clear tubing... but yes, like a fucking hosepipe. Very hard work in the arms and shoulders. In the cold though.... destroys your toes.

Try Fightshop or CKA? Can't remember where I go mine from

Pro Fighter

looks like it... damned hard work!

I hate running so jumping rope would be a good alternative... if I wasn't completely fucking useless at it. I look like a spastic dancing to 'Can't touch this' by MC Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRabbit View Post
    I hate running so jumping rope would be a good alternative... if I wasn't completely fucking useless at it. I look like a spastic dancing to 'Can't touch this' by MC Hammer.
    hahahaha , i used to hold my breath when i first started skipping a while back now....

Thats the rope I am after , thats a great find, guessing it doubles up as a weapon. i will order that now.... thanks

I jump loads of rope and I much prefer a speedrope. I find I can manipulate it much more easily so I can mix my skipping up a bit more (crossovers, double unders etc), to make it more interesting. That said they do wear out unbelieably quickly: I get through one every 4-5 weeks.

The only problem I have is with my calves. Unless I'm in a ring, skipping causes my old shin splints to flare up, which is a nightmare.