Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 42

Thread: Ne Waza Or Bjj

  1. #21

    Default

    "the option of being choked the fuck out in bjj. remember in judo you can't apply pressure to the face to open up the neck. in bjj....."

    So you are saying you are better off NOT having the option of breaking a pin? Just gonna lie there forever no matter what? Really how does having less options help??

  2. #22

    Default

    i think the option of staying in side control with good posture and working to escape in a safe manner is better than turning flat out on my stomach and giving my back up. but then my side control escapes are good, if you think doing something else is better for you good on you.

    having less options helps, because some options are just shit. for example when stood up, i have the option of pulling the guy on top of me and giving him mount, i don't do this cause i'm not a simpleton...therefore i will throw that option away
    man, when you're the nail, hang in there....until the day you become the hammer

  3. #23

    Default

    Well as I said I cant think of a pin escape that forces you to flatten out, rather that turtle (like Saulo does in the video I posted). Please tell me what technique you are talking about where this happens?

    I agree that Judoka can spend too much time lying flattened out trying to avoid getting pinned or re-pinned, which would not be so sensible in self defense or MMA, but that is a separate issue from pin escapes.

  4. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TatooineFarmBoy View Post
    Well as I said I cant think of a pin escape that forces you to flatten out, rather that turtle (like Saulo does in the video I posted). Please tell me what technique you are talking about where this happens?

    I agree that Judoka can spend too much time lying flattened out trying to avoid getting pinned or re-pinned, which would not be so sensible in self defense or MMA, but that is a separate issue from pin escapes.
    we're not talking about saulo, they were talking about judo pin escapes and turning to your stomach or to turtle and staying there, and this is what i'm talking about. sensible escapes where you turn away without exposing your back and without chilling in turtle are ok.

    you said this:

    "However, in Judo rolling over on your belly counts as an 'escape' from a pin, so that's how many of them do it. This is not a productive habit in BJJ, MMA or 'self defence'."

    For self defense I disagree, having the option to get out of a pin is better than being totally imobile and helpless.
    i said you'd get choked the fuck out, or in a self defense situation get your head caved in. you said turning flat was ok, i disagreed giving reasons, which bit don't you understand?
    man, when you're the nail, hang in there....until the day you become the hammer

  5. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TatooineFarmBoy View Post
    I agree that Judoka can spend too much time lying flattened out trying to avoid getting pinned or re-pinned, which would not be so sensible in self defense or MMA, but that is a separate issue from pin escapes.
    you said the opposite earlier
    man, when you're the nail, hang in there....until the day you become the hammer

  6. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TatooineFarmBoy View Post
    Fundamentally though being able to break a pin by whatever means has got to be a useful skill, it can only give you more options.
    Judo rules create 'options' that are not options in more open rulesets because they leave you in a worse position than the one your are 'escaping'.

    Some Judoka you may well neglect the options that work under a wider ruleset because the Judo specific ones (bellying out and collar grabbing) are easy to do and you will soon be stood up to attempt more throws, which is probably how you're planning on winning the match.

  7. #27

    Default

    OK this conversation is getting a bit gay. If you have a specific pin escape technique that you think is a bad idea outside Judo, please link to an example of it (ideally a video) so we can discuss it properly, otherwise this is all way too vague to really get anywhere.

  8. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TatooineFarmBoy View Post
    OK this conversation is getting a bit gay. If you have a specific pin escape technique that you think is a bad idea outside Judo, please link to an example of it (ideally a video) so we can discuss it properly, otherwise this is all way too vague to really get anywhere.
    if this conversation went gay it's because you sent it that way by being a fucking retard. think through your stupid arguments next time
    man, when you're the nail, hang in there....until the day you become the hammer

  9. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by david5 View Post
    if this conversation went gay it's because you sent it that way by being a fucking retard. think through your stupid arguments next time
    sigh I was wondering how long it would take to get abusive. Yup suppose I should have realised that suggesting that Judoka had figured out to do anything useful at all before Helio showed them the light was bound to upset some people on a BJJ forum. And fuck you too.

  10. #30

    Default

    Anyway for anyone with more than 100 neurons or so it should be pretty obvious that Judo rules making pins a big part of the game will make Judoka good at pins, and obviously less good at other stuff! And in other breaking news, apparently Samboists tend to be quite good at leg locks!!! Too contraversial again? OK sorry. Offically done with the thread now.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This website uses cookies to enhance user experience. They can be disabled at any time. Please see our FAQ's for details.