Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is there such a thing as a lucky punch?

Default Is there such a thing as a lucky punch?

Well, is there?

Can you name a fight that was won through a lucky punch?

Rahman when he knocked out Lewis? I know that it didn't literally come out of nowhere. Obviously Lewis was not prepared properly and made the mistake of underestimating his opponent.

I see what I suspect you might be getting at though...as in something may be unexpected but "lucky" is a big word to use in this context.

**NSFW**
    Paul Jenkins
    Pro Fighter

Can't remember the fight, but it was about two years ago in the UFC and someone got hurt badly with a body shot but still managed to throw a last ditch hook when his opponant closed in to finish it. Neither lucky/unlucky depending on view but a classic 'pulling the win out from the jaws of defeat'.

The Hands
    "Try masturbating during a thunderstorm. Seriously. It makes you feel like Thor."

Here Come Da Pain......

www.dogsofwar.info

Pete Sell / Scott Smith

http://www.mmatko.com/pete-sell-vs-s...t-video-tuf-4/

Just being nosy and helpful. ^_^

Take care,

Stalks
    Grappling Record: 215 W (134 SUBs) - 85 L (13 SUBs) - 2 D
    Amateur MMA Record: 15 W (14 SUBs) - 0 L - 2 D

The Jiujitsu Game - A Competitor's Videolog

Proudly sponsored by Black Eagle & Scramble

**NSFW**
    Paul Jenkins
    Pro Fighter

Cheers for that. Cracking fight...

The Hands
    "Try masturbating during a thunderstorm. Seriously. It makes you feel like Thor."

Here Come Da Pain......

www.dogsofwar.info

Scott smith just did the same to cung le in strikeforce all the more impressive due to the calibre of opponent!

i dont think there is such a thing as a lucky punch, if a trained fighter means to throw it, and it lands, how is it lucky?

I enjoy that Scott Smith's nickname is 'Hands of steel' and Hands of stone forgot who it was. That wasn't so much a lucky shot, as Sell was running at him with his hands down and Scott Smith is a baaaaaaaaad man.

I think what people call lucky punches kind of are lucky, because it's a rarity when a miles better fighter makes a mistake and a miles worse fighter just happens to be doing the right thing to capitalise on it. It's not so much that the rubbish fighter didn't mean it, just that he probably didn't throw it with the conviction that his oponent would be making that mistake, which some people see as a rip off.

LOL @ Lucky punch.

There's only poor defence.
    No longer playing World of Warcraft. Goodbye fond memories
    FUCK THE ALLIANCE

Theres no such thing as a lucky punch, you throw punches to hit your opponent, if it connects after getting battered for 3 rounds and you win by KO its not a lucky punch, like wiegie said its just poor defence on the other guys part.
    Taking this shit, one day at a time.