Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best Shin Pads on the Market

Cotton if your just starting as they are cheap and can be put in the wash.

MMA ~ New Caged Steel.

Thai / MMA ( kicking the shit out of each others legs ) then Sandee

Sandee are built like bricks and dont fit that great but they do allow for heavy shots with out the risk of major injury.

i got the busa ones, but you have to be careful when ordering, the small/medium ones are super super tight to get on, and after training even harder to get off, because they slip on ones, not the tie back ones. am 81kg and 5ft 8, so you bigger fellas might struggle even with the large ones.

But because they slip on, and very very tight (like my missus lol) they dont move about at all.

I am thinking of selling mine on to whoever and going for the new haybusa thai ones, proper pricey tho! anyone got these?

http://www.deepbluefightwear.com/dep...-guards/433002

Looking to carry them from Mid February.

But you could try MMA Fight Wear or Fight Shop.com

They look huge, Who carries the caged steel ones?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

You can buy direct from Caged Steel.

Quote Originally Posted by crw View Post
    You can buy direct from Caged Steel.
    Cant find them on there website if u can, can u send me the link.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

i need to get a pair and am leaning towards the sandee ones but think a large would be too big.
    Strategy can subsitute for talent, but talent will never subsitute for strategy.

"Sometimes hype just isn't enough" Jens Pulver

Fairtex and Hayabusa are PU/PVC (not sure which but plastic non the less). Don't be fooled by "Fairtex Syntec Leather" its just plastic.

Sandee and Twins are real leather. As such they last a long, long time. I was training on Sat morning and there was a guy there with Sandee shin guards that he has had for 15 yrs ! Mind you they do look it, they were fucked. But he is still using them.

Quote Originally Posted by HendoUK View Post
    Cant find them on there website if u can, can u send me the link.
    Heres the link:

http://caged-steel.com/mens/gloves-a...-shinpads.html

Quote Originally Posted by daspecimen View Post
    i need to get a pair and am leaning towards the sandee ones but think a large would be too big.
    I bought some Sandee ones not too long ago. Im a proper lanky streak of cabbage (6 foot 3 with pretty long legs) but the medium ones fit me pretty spot on. Still a bit of slippage if you're sparring mma, especially when it comes to the clinch obviously, but they seem really good shinnies to me.
    "Yeah and if I had the navy and Marines behind me, I'd be a motherfucker too!"