Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Have you ever choked someone out?

I've choked out one person and been choked out twice. I flattened out a guy and put on a rear naked. I thought he was ok, but... Now, once I've really got the choke on, I roll on my side to give them a chance to tap.

Both times I got choked out, I thought I had more time. I'm pretty bad for not tapping out to chokes when I should.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingTriangle View Post
    Rolled with a bluebelt yesterday for the first time and got slaughtered. This twat mounted me within seconds and just sat there laughing at me trying to escape. I tried bucking my hips but ended up on my stomach with the fat shit trying to flatten me out, he rolled me on my right side trapped my left arm and got me in a collar choke. I had to verbally tap, it was the closest I've been to being put to sleep and not really a nice experience.

So has anyone on the forum choked anyone out? in competition or accidently in sparring.

I imagine the feeling to be similar to knocking someone down in a striking art.
    Relax and learn to escape mount so it doesnt happen again.
    www.temperwear.co.uk Predator Fightwear CrossFit Northampton Maximum Nutrition

i got injured badly one time by an over zealous, aggressive, bully, roided, newbee during technique section of class..i have to say, he was a complete dick..

I knew i was hurt badly but i needed to keep rolling to catch this guy as he was hurting all younger guys and needed to be taught a lesson (now i sound like a bully!)

I took his back and sunk the choke and did my best to put him out..but he tapped wildly so i released..the honour of the club was intact..

The only time i ever wanted to put someone out..

i've put someone out once before, in an mma classs just grappling. he was huge and wedge (muscular), i say huge he was 6ft im 5,8. i he was beating me but couldn't get the submission, somehow i rolled into a position where i had his back. i only had 1 hook in but got the RNC. it was in really tight for about 6-7 secs and i thought shit, this guy must tap soon, he's almost out and then i saw his arm drop and he went limp (he was rele struggling before) so i let it go and tried to stand-up. he then rolled me over and kimura'd me as i wasn't ready. Afterwwards he admitted he'd been out for a sec but couldn't be seen to be losing to a newbie my size. Bit unfair but i can see where hes coming from, most of the club was watching. told him there's no shame in tapping (you learn more from a loss than a win) and he appologised. he just got caught up in the moment.

I choked a guy out once with a triangle from guard. Just a normal roll and I think he just figured he could get out. Went from struggling to snoring, I released it and he just flopped flat on his face! It was pretty funny and we had a laugh about it but next time I'll make sure I catch the guy before he face plants!

Liam's story is a good one. I havnt ever gone out myself, but almost did once when I got ezikieled (sp) while in side control... took me a while to realise I was in danger in such a dominant position!
    Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology.

I remember fighting the cross choke and my vision closing and thinking of a film sceane lol then suddenly i guess my sparring partner thought the choke was not on let go and my vision popped back and me taking huge gulps of air
    ICON Jiu Jitsu

The only bars i go to are Arm Bars, Knee Bars and a Mars Bar

I'm actually surprised more people haven't had more experiences...

I've been choked out twice I think and have choked people out several times - they must think it's embarassing to tap to me or something!

Got choked out one of my first times in the gi - collar choke. Self explanatory really; inexperience.

Second time was in a comp. Got a TD and passed to side, dude was skilled and caught me in a head and arm from there but I worked to where I thought I was safe and genuinely didn't even get that light headedness before you go, just thought I'm happy as Larry in side control one minute and then woke up looking at the ceiling next (apparently smiling).

Of the choke-outs I have administered, a few have come in MMA fights and a couple in training.

One was a triangle which was locked on deep for a fair while, I could feel him slump and remember gesturing to the ref like 'he's out' before he stepped in. Let it go and the guy had a bit of a nap but woke up about 10 seconds later.

Another was a rear naked at Total Combat. Had the lad's back for a fair while, sunk the choke in and he tried to stand up out of it. I could hear someone cageside going "...he's going out!" and then he slumped and fell face first to the mat.

*I may have some pics, I'll update this post if I can get them up.

TBH it's no biggy. Doesn't hurt, no real after effects (as long as it's not kept on too long after you go out) and you will be back to normal in a matter of seconds really.

I have choked two people out cold:-

The first was this match at the european championships last year (this allowed me to walk a way with the Bronze)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWHlLolsy_A

and the second was the same choke in class to a training partner

I have almost gone out, but never been fully put out
    Scott "JudoGuy" Taylor:- 1st Dan Black Belt in Judo - Purple Belt in BJJ

Rosi Sexton
    Pro Fighter
    Female MMA Mod

TBH it's no biggy. Doesn't hurt, no real after effects (as long as it's not kept on too long after you go out) and you will be back to normal in a matter of seconds really.
    Unless you're unlucky enough to be one of the (usually young and previously healthy) people who just happens to have a cardiac arrest....

I used to be pretty laid back about choking people / getting choked out. These days I'd generally save it for competition, where there's a medical team on hand. Perhaps I'm getting old
    Looking for injury, rehab or nutrition advice? visit combatsportsclinic.com

Fighting out of Next Generation

Quote Originally Posted by Rosi View Post
    Unless you're unlucky enough to be one of the (usually young and previously healthy) people who just happens to have a cardiac arrest....

I used to be pretty laid back about choking people / getting choked out. These days I'd generally save it for competition, where there's a medical team on hand. Perhaps I'm getting old
    Aye, you're showing your age there Rosi! Gone is the youthful reckless abandon, frivolously choking out your friends for fun!

In its place is "being sensible" and "responsible".