Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: does no headshot mma turn into a jj match?

Quote Originally Posted by Serotonin+ View Post
    Don't confuse respect with vindictive sarcasm.....
    quoted for lols

In all seriousness i would find a promotion with good semi-pro rules if your a good striker. Amatuer wont play to your strengths overall.
    Genetically Different.

mma league
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by HendoUK View Post
    mma league
    yeah they now have a semi pro rules (standing headshots) competition alongside the no headshot one

i've only been training mma 2months so i dont rele want to go in at the deep end.
    i'd rather just get the experience and see how i like competeing.
    i think i'll take a couple more months to rele work on my grapling before i enter

AMMA suits specific people. Some of the people who i train with have commitments like jobs, families which means they cannot go into work with smashed faces or want theres missus to black their other eye so AMMA rules suit these people as they can cover up bruises on the body. Some people wanna get experience like myself as im hopefully entering a AMMA league with no Head-Shots in febuary to get a taste of whats to come in March when i compete at a AMMA event which im going Head-Shots while standing but none of floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Soldmysoulforabeer View Post
    AMMA suits specific people. Some of the people who i train with have commitments like jobs, families which means they cannot go into work with smashed faces or want theres missus to black their other eye so AMMA rules suit these people as they can cover up bruises on the body. Some people wanna get experience like myself as im hopefully entering a AMMA league with no Head-Shots in febuary to get a taste of whats to come in March when i compete at a AMMA event which im going Head-Shots while standing but none of floor.
    sounds good, how much experience you got?

I've been training BJJ and MMA for around a year and half. I've done 1 event in No-Gi which was the Brittish No-Gi open which i did awful in to be perfectly honest due to nerves but quite looking forward to competing at MMA. The MMA event in febuary will be my 1st if there are places still at the Combat Sports Open Trials Round 1.

just wanted to know what everyone else was doing.
    im only training mma once or twice a week for 2 hours. i really want to compete for the experience but feel i will get utterly dominated by everyone else.
    yourself answers the point in question. you've done bbj and mma for 1.5 years and if i competed i would be competeing against someone similar to you and i would get destroyed.

No headshots is great if you come from a grappling background but if your say a kick-boxer etc, best just fight in headshots or semi pro, this new adrenalin thing being spoke about is amateur with headshots standing and GnP.

It also depends what you want out of it, i.e if i was a teacher i wouldnt be able to go into work with 2 black eyes, some people do it for fun and dont wanna be beaten up.
    FeatherzThe2nd - (gamertag) - add me for CoD \ Forza antics.