Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: does no headshot mma turn into a jj match?

Quote Originally Posted by vileniall View Post
    wow wait a second. you can stomp in amature mma?
    my thought exactly.
    STUART WELLS 2-2-0

Quote Originally Posted by Dave78 View Post
    i agree to a certain extent, but i think you are doing yourself a bit of a disservice Keerin tbh! If you are a decent MT guy you would probably be surprised about how effectively you can keep it standing with someone who is purely a grappler. To those who think am mma (no headshots) is just JJ, you are mistaken. A few deep Teep kicks and some leg kicks slammed in nice n hard can seriously change the course of battle, especially against someone who aint used to standing. You can still sprawl and brawl without head shots if that suits your style.
    Exactly. I lost to a thai fighter and I'm a grappler.

That's good to hear guys, I don't think my TD defence is too bad so that might be a good plan!

BenA, what weight are you? I'd be able to get down to 81kg if you wanna set something up? Been grappling about 6 months (only 1, 2hr session a week usually) but doing Thai for 4 years this year - 2 C class Thai fights.

On topic - most of the ammy fights I've seen (not at a show, just on youtube) usually end up on the ground after about 30 seconds and a lot end up finishing in the 1st round by submission. that's just what I've seen.
    The best moment of my life was being punched in the face by Liam Harrison.

Quote Originally Posted by Keerin View Post
    BenA, what weight are you? I'd be able to get down to 81kg if you wanna set something up? Been grappling about 6 months (only 1, 2hr session a week usually) but doing Thai for 4 years this year - 2 C class Thai fights.
    sorry man, i need to eat more pies. i walk around 65kg i could bulk up a bit but nowhere near that. i would if i could. its nice to know your opponent so its less competitive and more about the experience. if i ever stop being short i'll let you know

lol, I could chop off an leg? haha.
    The best moment of my life was being punched in the face by Liam Harrison.

Quote Originally Posted by Keerin View Post
    lol, I could chop off an leg? haha.
    it may even it up

Quote Originally Posted by Dave78 View Post
    whoa you get to train a LOT! Dont blame you for wanting more but you really are lucky now to get that much in mate!

@BenA - if you want to compete just do it, whats the worst thats gonna happen with no headshots? Im going for it for this reason and i only train 1-2 per week(MMA) although do other physical stuff on top of that
    I'm very lucky. I have a brilliant trainer who does the MMA/BJJ and he gets some brilliant people to do Seminars (Braulio, Victor...). I'm joining the Gym this week to fit in alot more cardio work and to cut down abit weight (72.5 KG the moment need to get down to 70.5kg.).