Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bjj gradings

Default bjj gradings

Hi,

Does this club run regular gradings?

If so how is some1 graded in bjj?, is it through showing technique when sparring? Or whenever your coach feels your ready to progress to the next 'belt level'?..

Cheers

Try the search option, it's been covered a lot

Why are you so obsessed with grading? You were asking the same thing on the Dinky forum a couple of weeks ago.

It would make more sense for you to go along to both of these clubs, see what the training is like, meet the coaches and decide which you fancy rather than basing things on grading.

You'll grade when you grade no matter where you train but as someone said before. If your going to be valuing your training and standard in BJJ purely on the colour of your belt then you're probably not cut out for it as it takes years to advance from white.

Is this club still running? Coming out of the Frakes character for a moment I tried to go to this one before I found the Griphouse and the Kelvin Hall told me it had stopped.
    I am number 1, because Picard says so.

Ask Frakes!

Do you know a Fridgeless Fail? Send them HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanFrakes View Post
    Is this club still running? Coming out of the Frakes character for a moment I tried to go to this one before I found the Griphouse and the Kelvin Hall told me it had stopped.
    Think Scot is out in Rutherglen now.

Quote Originally Posted by 1inchPonch View Post
    Why are you so obsessed with grading? You were asking the same thing on the Dinky forum a couple of weeks ago.

It would make more sense for you to go along to both of these clubs, see what the training is like, meet the coaches and decide which you fancy rather than basing things on grading.

You'll grade when you grade no matter where you train but as someone said before. If your going to be valuing your training and standard in BJJ purely on the colour of your belt then you're probably not cut out for it as it takes years to advance from white.
    Not 'obsessed' with gradings mate, ive just reached a stage where I want to set myself some goals (be it realistic or not)
    feel it helps people stick in at training when they have a long term focus..

Quote Originally Posted by alberto View Post
    Hi,

Does this club run regular gradings?

If so how is some1 graded in bjj?, is it through showing technique when sparring? Or whenever your coach feels your ready to progress to the next 'belt level'?..

Cheers
    The classes run in Rutherglen and Balfron now. Check out Scott's site at www.roycegraciescotland.com, the classes in Ruggie are at the Baptist Church 7 - 8.30 Tue and 11.30 - 1 Sat.

Visit www.fullmount.co.uk for all your MMA updates.

Does anyone know if the Rutherglen class is still running?

I tried contacting via the email and phone number on the site with no luck a few months back

Class is still on, in fact, I'm just back in from there now!

Tuesdays at 7pm - 8-30pm, first class is free

Theres also a Saturday class which i think starts at 11am

Thanks mate, I'll need to head along one Saturday