Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BBJ or JUDO?

Default BBJ or JUDO?

Probably asking a question without an answer..... But,

What is 'better', BJJ or JUDO?.....

Which is the best grappling art?, Which has real/relevant skills for streetfighting?
    Which is best if you want to go through the grades/belts?

Be good to hear opinions...

You would get through the belts quicker in judo, judo has better standing grapping, and bjj better ground, judo lost alot of its subs when it went olympics.

Its possible and been known to hit blackbelt in 1 year of judo, huge unlikely but if you train hard enough it can happen, BJJ though is another matter and some people will never hit bluebelt, or so i hear.
    FeatherzThe2nd - (gamertag) - add me for CoD \ Forza antics.

Generally judo is better for throws/takedowns, BJJ is better for groundfighting. Either should give you the ability to defend yourself in a real fight. If you are only worried about belts and promotions then try a shitty variety of karate or something.
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

Which is better-

Judo or Brazilian Jiu Jitsu?

Answer number 1- It depends who is teaching it.

Answer number 2- If both Instructors are good,you should be training both.

Regarding Belts-You take care of the training and the belt will take care of itself.

Random question...with the new technical syllabus for Judo, doesn't that mean that if you want to be BJA graded, it's no longer possible to get your black belt in a notably short period of time since, well, you can't fight above your belt since you can't fight until Brown? So you'd have to go through the syallbus with the corresponding minimum times, meaning it would take something like three years to your black, no matter what?

...or no?

Take care,

Stalks
    Grappling Record: 215 W (134 SUBs) - 85 L (13 SUBs) - 2 D
    Amateur MMA Record: 15 W (14 SUBs) - 0 L - 2 D

The Jiujitsu Game - A Competitor's Videolog

Proudly sponsored by Black Eagle & Scramble

Quote Originally Posted by featherz View Post
    some people will never hit bluebelt, or so i hear.

Yeah i heard this. What is with that!? i love BJJ and would be horrified if i thought that, no matter how much effort i put in - i could never be a certain level
    This is not a gif. It is an actual video of Fedor doing infinate press ups.
    3-0-0

Quote Originally Posted by Jak-TapouT- View Post
    Yeah i heard this. What is with that!? i love BJJ and would be horrified if i thought that, no matter how much effort i put in - i could never be a certain level
    I think its really just a case of many people aren't dedicated enough, as opposed to loads of people just not being capable no matter how hard they try.

Do both if you can. I have just started supplementing my bjj with judo once a week just to give me a bit more confidence when standing up. Belts shouldn't be important. You never said where your from, you might be lucky and live right next to a club that teaches both.

Why are you interested in street fighting? I guess the best way for you to learn those skills would be to watch the end of Rocky 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Iconoclast View Post
    I think its really just a case of many people aren't dedicated enough, as opposed to loads of people just not being capable no matter how hard they try.
    How rare is this, I cant imagine someone training more than 4-5 years and not getting their blue.

90% of people have the physical and mental capability to get to Blue.
    What lets them down is their commitment to the task.