Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What would you like to read about?

Default What would you like to read about?

Hey there guys and girls, how are you? I'm in the middle of brain storming some ideas for my blog http://www.jiujitsukingdom.wordpress.com and thought I'd take a moment to ask everyone on the forum what they would most like to read about training wise? I am in the process of filming a few techniques to up load, as well as some step by step how to photos of techniques but I would like to do my best to improve the blog and make it helpful for everyone! Any thoughts and ideas would be greatly appreciated!
    Kind Regards
    Felipe
    www.jiujitsukingdom.com

Has to be something original, so that you provide 'value'. There are millions of 'how to do an armbar'' instructionals. If you do more of the same, you won't stand out and will be quickly forgotten.

Perhaps focus on training beyond technique? What are the differences between a black belt choke and a blue belt choke? Supplementary training? Inspiring stories?

If videos are your thing, check out submissions 101. I know certain people here are critical of Ari (the guy who runs the site), but the production values of his videos are very high. His filming is tight, goes slowly, shows multiple angles and explains in very clear/ clean English.

Hope these ideas help. PM me if you would like to discuss anything in more depth.

the problem being the techniques he is showing are flawed, doesn't matter how high the production value of the video is if the content isn't of the same standard. I would rather watch a poorly filmed perfect technique than vice versa.
    Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and Thai Boxing in Farnborough
    Full time academy!
    http://www.andyrobertsbjj.com

What Andy said. The Sub 101 videos are terrible.

Multiple angles and high production values don't help teach a technique properly in 2 mins. How many times does the technique display in a BJJ academy last only 2 mins? I would say pretty much never.

Fuck Ari Bolden and his shitty videos.
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

Production value (set,picture quality,sound,lighting) is meaningless if the content is shit.

Ari Bolden is a fake.

He misses the details that your Instructor will show you.

publish the frauds! nameand shame the fakes
    ‎"He who goes to bed with itchy bum, wake up with stinky finger."

I agree about his ability, but my whole point was about how well he puts it together. I'm not really a great fan of on-line videos and I've got plenty of people to ask questions at my club (and I do, almost every time I train).

Providing value is the key to any internet venture. Without it, you won't do well. Web 2.0 an' all that.

I do like your blog, but I think more scantily clad ladies would really make it compulsive reading.

Just discovered your blog

will be book marking it

Quote Originally Posted by Rob T View Post
    What Andy said. The Sub 101 videos are terrible.

Multiple angles and high production values don't help teach a technique properly in 2 mins. How many times does the technique display in a BJJ academy last only 2 mins? I would say pretty much never.

Fuck Ari Bolden and his shitty videos.
    Shitmission 101 more like, i hate hearing about that bag of shit, and its even worse when you see people trying to repeat it