Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thailand gym enquiry

Hybrid View

Default Thailand gym enquiry

http://www.muaythaiporpramuk.com

Has anybody trained at PorPramuk gym?
    It's about 50 miles east of Bangkok.
    The pricing and location seem excellent.
    I'd like any reviews going; not from speculation but from visitors or friends of people who have trained there.

I'm not expecting to train with Bukaw before you ask...

Cheers.
    Will.
    "Awww, so you lost darling - but it's the taking part that counts" My Mum... thanks for nothing Mum.

Haha before I look wierd, i didnt steal your av

But I have been contemplating a trip over to train for a while lately, Going to start looking by the end of this week myself. Any one have any extra input at hand for this thread?

Sorry if it seems im hijacking lol!
    Ninja

yep, to be fair plenty of other gyms about rather than 'name chasing' as so many farang do - its is properly rural and next to a pig farm etc not really geared up for farang....

if you want to train out in the sticks maybe look at Ole Larsons Legacy Gym

or go up to Pai and train in the mountains

any reason for PorPramuk in particular?

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    yep, to be fair plenty of other gyms about rather than 'name chasing' as so many farang do - its is properly rural and next to a pig farm etc not really geared up for farang....

if you want to train out in the sticks maybe look at Ole Larsons Legacy Gym

or go up to Pai and train in the mountains

any reason for PorPramuk in particular?

It's an enquiry on behalf of a couple of people I work with.
    I personally would consider Pramuk gym, but can give or take wherever.
    I don't care for tourism or sightseeing (yet...) so for three or four weeks solid training - I know it's rather central, seems pretty well equipped. Now I just want reviews. However; I'd probably end up going somewhere else with my Kru from England.
    "Awww, so you lost darling - but it's the taking part that counts" My Mum... thanks for nothing Mum.

for travel your better off in Bangkok / Phuket or Chiang Mai - Id suggest going with your instructor Shaun to Lanna -

if they want to go just to train then to be fair doesnt matter where they go..id suggest somewhere (if its their first time) near either beach or main town to kill some free time or be able to get away from it if they want to chill for a few days

incidentaly, somebody just emailed me this link for a full review on the place *note the comments at the bottom of the page*
    http://www.mymuaythai.com/archives/d...-chachoengsao/

im not knocking it - i went a while back and it wasnt full of foreigners then, but you will find for most people - that their first gym they visit - if its one of the better ones will always be the 'most awesome, best ever etc' soon as you make that connection

my point was why trek up country when plenty of quality gyms about

hence why I asked the reason for going

starchasing?
    beach?
    mountains?
    livinging in the sticks - i.e the 'real' thailand'
    wanting to spar big lads?

all would change the recommendations I could make

appreciate the replies Yak. If I go to Thailand, I may end up on my own because of holiday restrictions at work., or, because I am very self motivated and prefer to just get my head down and train. nothing else. Por Pramuk gym is talked about here and there on various forums but not in much detail. I just wondered ppl's experiences. I like to be in the middle of nowhere with just a gym. That is paradise. As I may end up going solo, I would prefer a well reviewed gym, with good hygiene and high standard of training - not too many farang. Preferably nearer to Bangkok.

You should take a look at Keatkhamtorn home of Nopparat, Lumpini Champion. As well as many other current and past Lumpini and S-1 champions.

A genuine fighters gym that is very welcoming to foreigners. The owner Jakae will pick you up and drop you off at the airport. Its located in the suburbs away from the bars and bright lights. Spotlessly clean, accommodation available and food included in the price (which is awesome)

Ajarn Lai - joint top trainer of the Keatkhamtorn Gym with over 300 fights to his name.

http://www.keatkhamtorn.com/

any reviews on the "scorpion gym" in Pattaya that Alistair Overeem just bought?