Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: who here lives for the future instead of the moment?

Smile who here lives for the future instead of the moment?

as above

10 characters

I am always working towards a goal (the future) and always trying to remove whatever obstacles are present (the here and now). Sometimes the present just gets in the way though!

I've just changed. I always used to look too far ahead. Didn't enjoy life as a result. I live for the moment now and feel a lot better about things.
    No longer playing World of Warcraft. Goodbye fond memories
    FUCK THE ALLIANCE

Quote Originally Posted by Wiegieboard View Post
    I've just changed. I always used to look too far ahead. Didn't enjoy life as a result. I live for the moment now and feel a lot better about things.
    i see this a lot in regards to uni or work. people looking for some magical pot at the end of the rainbow as reward for all their drudgery.

Quote Originally Posted by Macthumperton View Post
    i see this a lot in regards to uni or work. people looking for some magical pot at the end of the rainbow as reward for all their drudgery.
    I was caught up in that mentality for a long time. It's what is taught to us in modern education from the age of 5 and is something that is very difficult to let go of.
    The world in my experience is a very different place from what you are taught until you reach supposed adulthood.
    No longer playing World of Warcraft. Goodbye fond memories
    FUCK THE ALLIANCE

I have a few "destinations" of where I would like to be at certain points of my life, but how I get there and what else I do along the way; I just do as and when.

At the end of the day, I've possibly got 70+ years left on this Earth, fuck rushing!

Quote Originally Posted by Wiegieboard View Post
    I was caught up in that mentality for a long time. It's what is taught to us in modern education from the age of 5 and is something that is very difficult to let go of.
    The world in my experience is a very different place from what you are taught until you reach supposed adulthood.
    they tell you that as a control mechanism.

the most successful people I've known told me they just followed their passions and doors opened for them. That's the law of the universe.

Anyone remember this quote from the Nogueira vs Mir season of TUF?

Nog's boxing coach said it:

"Yesterday is a canceled check, tomorrow is a promissory note, but today is cash on hand.”

bit of both, going back into education to further my career options but also im right now in thailand. even tho i wouldnt say im living for the moment right now, im more trying to get over jetlag lol you can do both

Last edited by andrew123; 25-02-2013 at 01:08 AM.